Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

So this post is a bit (er...6 months) overdue but hey, better late than never, right? I had a blast planning A's 1st birthday party or dohl (in Korean).  I had two very special Sarah's help me with this event.  One is my sister in law (a former catering maven) and the other, a friend (stationary designer extraordinaire).  Everything turned out beautiful and it was such a memorable event!

Truly Smitten's Sarah used A's actual silhouette to create this! I loved the color palette she came up with!

The silhouette was used for the cupcake toppers as well.  It pained me a little that the cupcakes didn't color coordinate but we had to get red velvet cupcakes! Yum!

Gorgeous flower arrangements by SIL Sarah!

The dessert table with Korean rice cakes, cupcakes, various yellow candies and lemons for that pop of color!

Close up

Menu cards by Truly Smitten Sarah

Our little doll in her party dress! I searched high and low for an affordable party dress and ended up getting this for $19.99 at TJ Maxx.  Steal!!

Picture table (didn't want to overdo it so we just chose 2 pictures we love) and the glimpse of the adults favors on the right.

These held earl grey and chocolate espresso orange tea cookies, baked and packaged by Truly Smiten Sarah!

A's costume change into a traditional Korean dress.

Family pic! This was towards the end of the party and past her nap time so getting her to smile was impossible...poor baby!

Oh and here is the beautiful and hilarious video slideshow the hubbie made for A's birthday! It's a must see!!

If the video's not working, click here for a link to the youtube video.

I had so much fun with our baby's dohl but I have to say, I was exhausted and relieved when it was over!

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (August 29, 2010 at 6:33 AM)  

The party looks absolutely beautiful and so does your little girl!

Truly Smitten (August 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM)  

aww thanks Jiye! I had a blast designing for Audrey's dohl too =)

donna (August 29, 2010 at 9:40 PM)  

aww.. that was so cute!

Tales of a young mamma (August 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM)  

I just discovered your blog and Love it! I'm a new follower!

Roxy Te (August 31, 2010 at 11:29 AM)  

Such a cute family! p.s. Envious of you only wearing your dresses once! I used to be like that, but I've had to cut back, guess two times will have to do ;)

PearlsAndGreenTea (August 31, 2010 at 11:33 AM)  

Roxy: Thanks! About the dresses though, I usually wear them more than once. I wore the floral dress again recently with a bulky sweater over it for a more casual look. And a friend is borrowing it this weekend for a wedding. Another friend borrowed the leopard dress a few weekends ago. I hate seeing my dresses not worn so I organize dress swaps so I can lend them out to friends. :)

La Maison Fou (August 31, 2010 at 12:00 PM)  

What a cute lil girl and what a befitting party.
The party favors are so pretty.
L.

Craftiness NOW (September 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM)  

such a gorgeous party and your little girl is absolutely adorable in both outfits! i love that everyone made such wonderful contributions to the event. and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :-)

pauline –  (September 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM)  

omg, that looks like the party of the year! what a lucky girl audrey is....
i'm so crazy that i've already started thinking about charlotte's dohl. i'm thinking of doing a paperdolls theme. does your friend "truly smitten" take other dohl projects or just because you are friends?

PearlsAndGreenTea (September 2, 2010 at 2:38 PM)  

pauline: How old is Charlotte now? I'm sure you'll throw a fabulous party! I love the paperdolls theme...I was totally obsessed with paper dolls when I was a kid! Here's the link to her blog and you can contact her from there. She is phenomenal!

http://trulysmitten.blogspot.com/

Cute Baby Girl Outfits (December 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM)  

I realize you posted this a few years ago. I am just now seeing it. You certainly honored your baby girl. It looks like a wonderful day. May she grow in wisdom and in truth. I like your cute baby girl outfit.

Wenni Donna (October 26, 2017 at 3:47 AM)  

Hello dear, that party is really well planned and your daughter is simply adorable. I also want to tell you that the way you planned that party is truly superb. I also want to plan such a birthday party at Chicago venues. Can you give me few tips please?

Post a Comment