Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What I'm Reading...

I just finished The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Set in Hong Kong, half of the story takes place in 1940's before and during the war.  The other half is set in the post war 50's.  The author does a great job of seamlessly going back and forth from the present to the past and slowly revealing the intertwined lives.  So good!

I'm currently reading Little Bee by Chris Cleave.  So far, it is captivating.  Again, this is another story of two unassuming lives that seem quite separate coming together.  All hasn't been revealed yet but all I can say is I can't wait to see what happens!

What are you reading these days? or do you have a book recommendation?

Roxy Te (September 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM)  

I'm currently searching for the book The Gift featuring poems by Hafiz-such ardent language and beautiful word plays!
wow! 18 years? Why?! Can you understand the language? I'm from Cebu so we spend most our time there.

Das What She Said (September 2, 2010 at 2:08 PM)  

People tell me they read it in high school, but I just read Memoirs of a Geisha and literally couldn't put it down

http://daswhatshesaid.blogspot.com

cindy (September 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM)  

Three Cups of Tea... it's an amazing story of this one man... I couldn't put it down and read it in 3 days!

Post a Comment