Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chunky Soup + Crusty Bread


I was at Trader Joe's today and they had samples of this soup. It tasted good, A loved it, and the recipe was super simple. The best part is it only costs around $5 to make the soup! Here's the recipe.

Trader Joe's Southwest Red Pepper and Rice Soup

1 carton Organic Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
1 can Black Beans
1 bag Chimmichuri Rice

 Combine ingredients in a pot and heat to desired warmth, stirring frequently. Serve immediately. (My kind of recipe!)

I had already taken cod out in the morning so I poached the fish and served it with the soup. I also popped a baguette in the toaster oven because what's chunky soup without warm, crusty bread? It was zee perfect supper (this meal seems more like a supper, than a dinner) for this cold, snowy Chicago night. 

What's your go-to meal for a wintry night?

Drew (December 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM)  

Yum! I'm going to have to remember this for my next TJ's run!

stephanie (December 14, 2010 at 8:10 AM)  

I'm from the South {Texas} where there are no TJ's and I hear soooo much about them. Is it sad I desperately want to visit a grocery store?! HA! The soup looks delish!

coolkids (December 14, 2010 at 9:21 AM)  

mmm I agree when it is this cold in chicago I CRAVE yummy soup. We have a roast in the crock pot today.:) thecoolkidsblog.com

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons (December 14, 2010 at 9:23 AM)  

I wish I had a Trader Joe's here! This soup looks delish! <3 My bully is rumbling so I think its time for me to figure out what soup i'm gonna cook! hehe

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Elle (December 14, 2010 at 9:23 AM)  

This looks really delicious and I am typically not a big fan of black beans. YUM! I love soup with bread for when it's really cold too.

Fast Food & Fast Fashion

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin (December 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM)  

That is my dream meal right there. I'm forever jealous of y'all that have a Trader Joe's in your city!

Justine (December 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM)  

Oh no! I need to go by Trader Joes. Ah! Can't wait until finals are over. I can finally eat real food. When I say real, I mean non-microwave/left overs

Just Better Together is having 2 giveaways!

Roxy Te (December 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM)  

My mother-in-law makes a killer thai noodle soup! This will be next up at my house :)

Erin (December 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM)  

Yum! This looks delicious! I'll have to try this one.

Unknown (December 14, 2010 at 6:01 PM)  

um... yum!!!!! that looks so good right now... plus its freezing over here!

~selina

Secondhand Stella (December 14, 2010 at 6:26 PM)  

Their Chimmichuri rice is amazing. I have a bag of it in my freezer right now :) Soup is one of my favorite winter dinners.

Erica (December 14, 2010 at 7:11 PM)  

That looks heavenly! It's exactly what I need as I freeze my little toesies off. I love mac n' cheese in the winter. Homemade mac n' cheese with shells because we all know shells are SO much better than elbows.

spenceranderica.blogspot.com

dr.mommy (December 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM)  

Yum!! Looks like something chef hubby would make! :) is pumpkin pie with hot tea a wintry meal? ;)

Post a Comment