Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mix & Match: Feminine & Masculine Details

On Mommy: Aritzia lace top, Gap boyfriend blazer, J Brand jeans, Pour La Victoire boots, Louis Vuitton bag, Hermes & J.Crew bracelets, Cartier watch, Nashelle necklace and earrings
On A: Gap dress, shirt & tights, Gingersnaps shoes

There are those boots again! Some of you commented that you liked the black stripe on the boot. It's actually a double wrapped black belt. I like that it adds a bit flair to the otherwise simple boot but I'm also glad it's removable. Love the versatility...kind of reminds me of those watches from back in the day with the interchangeable straps and covers. Anyone know what I'm talking about?


I was giving A a bath the morning I took these pics and since she loves playing in the tub forever, I decided to curl my hair instead of my usual activity (reading US Weekly). As you can tell, I only watch and read the highest caliber of media. I'm waiting to grow out my hair so I can have Kardashian worthy waves down to my waist. Although I'll probably only have the time and patience to curl it every 6 months or so.


I paired this feminine top with a boyfriend blazer. I love how the lace looks next to the prep school buttons and also love the texture lace brings to the look.


Moving on...who saw Real Housewives of BH last night?? Camille doesn't even seem that sad about Kelsey. I like how she was cheerily discussing dress options when Kelsey walked in. Oh and love Kyle even more. Wondering how many zeros were on that check to Farrah...

Elle (January 14, 2011 at 7:34 AM)  

Love the contrast between the two opposites (my favorite too!) and your little girl is the splitting image of you! too cute!

Anonymous –  (January 14, 2011 at 9:01 AM)  

Great pics awesome outfit!!!! what kind of camera do you use?

jenn from midlife modern (January 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM)  

I am loving lace lately, especially with more masculine details like a blazer. Well done! And your daughter might be the cutest little kid I've seen in a while.

PearlsAndGreenTea (January 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM)  

Elle & Jenn: Thanks! You girls are so sweet!!

Erica: 90% of the pics on this blog are taken with my canon s95. It's a point and shoot but takes excellent quality photos. Supposedly, a lot of professional photographers use this camera when they don't feel like lugging their huge slr's around. we have an slr too but rarely use it.

N –  (January 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM)  

Love the way you paired the lace with a black layer underneath, would never think to do that. Overall one of my favorite looks on you.

Do you do any color editting on your pics or does your camera do that. Need a new cam and would love one with color effect.

Me. (January 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM)  

These pictures are beautiful Jiye...you look gorgeous!

Antoinette Musik (January 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM)  

Such a fantastic blog and as for you and your daughter... absolutely stunning!!

antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

Abby (January 14, 2011 at 11:30 AM)  

Great look, and the daughter is so cute! I'd like those Kim Kardashian waves down to my waist, but apparently my hair doesn't wave that well...

christiana (January 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM)  

you look so pretty!! you should curl your hair more often!

Fashion Mom (January 14, 2011 at 12:15 PM)  

you are so pretty! this is so my style, i like it. x

www.thefashionmom.com

Ella Pretty Blog (January 14, 2011 at 12:51 PM)  

I'm trying to grow my hair "Kardashian-long" too LOL!
Love the outfit - especially the lace top!

Kileen (January 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM)  

i love the faded coloring of these picture! it's so beautiful and artistic. and your hair is absolutely beautiful curled! i still need to figure out how to curl my hair with a curling iron so that the curl will actually stay.

and the lace top juxtaposed with the blazer is wonderful. you've given me some inspiration of my own to try out now!

cute and little

Tales of a young mamma (January 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM)  

Love the lace and boots combo- I've been meaning to wear a new(ish) lace shirt w/ my boots lately, might have to break that out this weekend!

Stylepint (January 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM)  

What a great and comfy outfit! I love the way you curled your hair and it makes the whole look more polished! =)

PearlsAndGreenTea (January 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM)  

N: I use Photoshop Lightroom and use some presets to post process. Not sure if the camera can do it but I don't think so.

Abby & Kileen: I used to think my hair didn't curl well either. It would never stay even though I would spray the life out of it. But, after talking to a hair stylist friend, it turned out I just wasn't making the curling iron hot enough or holding it long enough. There are some good tutorials on youtube too!

Squeeze the Pug (January 14, 2011 at 5:57 PM)  

Hi PearlsAndGreenTea,

I stumbled across your blog via Google when I searched under Hermes. Your blog is lovely and you're so photogenic! Your little girl is so adorable too.

www.pehsun.blogspot.com

Peh Sun (from nearly half way from the world, United Kingdom)

style fare (January 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM)  

jiye, you look even more beautiful than normal here! love the hair!!

i started laughing out loud though b/c i wondered where little a goes while you take all the other photos... hahaha ;)

Justine (January 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM)  

A is such a cute little girl! I hope I can have a kid as cute as her one day.

Just Better Together is having a $25 gift certificate giveaway!

Lili (January 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM)  

i think Camille has already moved on...she's already set for life (ka-ching!). no sadness there, i guess....

yes, i love Kyle more after last nite....such a sweet daughter farra

Emilie (January 15, 2011 at 8:53 AM)  

love the lace!! Gorgeous outfit and great pictures, wow!!

xxxx

lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress (January 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM)  

love it. great juxtaposition between the girly and the tough. =)

pancakestacker (January 17, 2011 at 3:12 AM)  

I love mixing feminine and masculine looks. The lace is so lovely on you! I definitely saw RHOBH. It's my guilty pleasure. There are just no words to accurately describe Camille. I think she might just be on a planet all on her own, haha.


Stop by again soon!
http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

Stephani Janet (January 21, 2011 at 7:54 AM)  

you are a stylish mom! love your look!

Anonymous –  (January 26, 2011 at 3:52 PM)  

i marvel at how put together you always look with a tiny tot in tow..impressive! hope to be like you one day!

xo,
joAnn

Post a Comment