Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants

I've been wanting to try the Williams-Sonoma croissants but at $39.95 (for 15), I'm waiting for a special occasion. After hearing this, a friend picked up a box of Trader Joe's chocolate croissants for me. At $3.99 (for 4), it's more affordable and she found out that pastry chef Jean-Yves Charon is the man behind BOTH the WS and TJ's croissants! I'm assuming the WS ones are still better because they wouldn't get away with charging so much otherwise. Ooh...I sense a blind taste test in the future...

As instructed, I took the croissants out of the box the night before. The next morning, they had grown to triple the size it had been! A quick egg wash and into the oven for 20 minutes...

and VOILA! These were perfectly buttery and flaky and better than pretty much any croissant I've had at a bakery (of course it helped that it was fresh out of the oven!) I had one (fine two!) with my green tea for breakfast on Saturday and cannot wait to get to TJ's to buy more. 

Has anyone tried either the WS or TJ's or both??

Drew (January 17, 2011 at 6:30 AM)  

Mmmm... I haven't tried TJ's croissants before! I'm thinking I may need to go get some! I love chocolate croissants!

Anonymous –  (January 17, 2011 at 7:05 AM)  

haven't tried them but i do like the chocolate croissants at Panera!!!! but i love trader joes I will have to try these now!

Alyssa (January 17, 2011 at 7:20 AM)  

Those... look... DELICIOUS! Oh my goodness, I love that kind of thing! I may have to go buy some now... :]]

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (January 17, 2011 at 7:23 AM)  

I have never tried them but now I want to! They look delish!

Elle (January 17, 2011 at 7:33 AM)  

YUM! I love chocolate croissants and hate having to dole out $3ish for them. I'll definitely look for them at my TJ! Thanks. :)

Secondhand Stella (January 17, 2011 at 8:28 AM)  

Oooo, I will need to try those. Their little jelly donuts are also really good.

coolkids (January 17, 2011 at 8:36 AM)  

we LOVE Them!! Super flaky and yummy. Stop by I have an adorable giveaway today perfect for A! thecoolkidsblog.com

temi –  (January 17, 2011 at 10:11 AM)  

A blind taste test sounds like a fun idea! The plain mini croissants at TJ's are also really good. I add ham and cheese and re-roll them up to make savory (but fattening) treats.

style fare (January 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM)  

omg i LOVE croissants! totally trying these!

and yay, you're using the fobby mug!! ;D

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons (January 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM)  

I didn't know these existed... and my tummy is now SCREAMING for one! lol

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Ella Pretty Blog (January 17, 2011 at 1:51 PM)  

I haven't tried either - but I'm a huge fan of Pain au Chocolat's for breakfast - with freshly squeezed OJ - it's the most decadent yet simple breakfast :-)

Mama Slice (January 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM)  

yum yum yum. If you ever want to try to WS one, I'll buy it with you if you want to split the cost. :) I'm going to go get the TJ ones now! :)

Monroe Steele (January 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM)  

ohh yummm that looks delish i must try these out!

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Fashion Mom (January 17, 2011 at 3:06 PM)  

ho so funny ! x

www.thefashionmom.com

Justine (January 17, 2011 at 5:51 PM)  

yummy! this looks delicious. I need to go to Trader Joes - NOW. I love trader joes

Just Better Together

Anonymous –  (January 17, 2011 at 8:52 PM)  

My mouth is watering just looking at them! I'll have to go to TJ's soon.

Kileen (January 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM)  

oh i wish we had a TJ in Texas!! these croissants look so delicious!

cute and little

Anonymous –  (January 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM)  

Oh I can't wait to try these!! Yum!

Gloria (January 18, 2011 at 2:08 PM)  

oooh looks delicious! i'll have to pick up a package of these the next time i swing by trader joes!

The Short Girl (January 18, 2011 at 9:57 PM)  

I LOOOVE chocolate croissants! I've heard Williams-Sonoma croissants were to die for, but I never heard of Trader Joe's croissants. I will definitely be trying some in the future!! Great post & great blog!

diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com

Unknown (January 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM)  

yum! ok, i think i need to buy these this wkd. (also, to answer your Q, i usually wear socks with oxfords, but wasn't in that picture)

Cherry Blossoms (January 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM)  

I love the Trader Joes kind. I did not realize WS was carrying some as well.

Pamela (January 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM)  

Whoa. REALLY? I am definitely going to give them a try soon (right now). They look delicious!

Call Me Ishmael

Post a Comment