Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

An Interview and Some Upcoming Trips


I had been a regular visitor at KOKO Living (an online community for Korean-American women) for awhile now so I was thrilled when they wanted to interview me for their magazine. Click on the image above for the article. I'll also be guest blogging on the website going forward. Please visit me there too!

In other news, I have several trips coming up in the next couple of months. We're leaving A behind at grandma's while we head to SF for a wedding at the end of the month. Then, in May, we'll be vacationing in Maui with my family (flying in from Manila and Singapore) and then relaxing at my parent's place in LA afterward. Can I just say how much it sucks that we have to pay full price for A's plane ticket now that she's 2?

It will be my first time in Maui and while I've been to SF and LA several times, I'm always on the lookout for good insider tips. If you know of any great restaurants, fun kid things to do, shopping tips, touristy sights for Maui, SF or LA, please share them with me!!

foxes & flamingos (April 19, 2011 at 8:12 AM)  

Congrats! That so exciting!!
Head over to my blog- a great giveway this week that A would love!
http://stellebelleandrubylou.blogspot.com/2011/04/turtle-rye-giveaway.html

steph (April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM)  

Maui - ululani shave ice is yums and there was a glider tour we took at the hana airport that was awesome. The pilot takes you one by one and it isn't scary at all even if you're scared of heights.

Lots of yummy eats in l.a. Just depends where you're at and what you're looking for! =)

Happy travels!

steph (April 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM)  

And if you are planning to go to haleakala to see the sunrise - make sure to bring your warmest winter gear!

donna (April 19, 2011 at 1:18 PM)  

I love reading this article. I grew up in Manila. I still have a sister who lives there. I'm excited to see and hear abt your Manila retail shopping experience. I'd have to take note and ask my sister to ship some items to me.

Melany –  (April 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM)  

Such a beautiful interview. All the best to you & your family!

Justine (April 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM)  

I'm from San Francisco :) And I do suggest going to pier 39 and the academy of sciences :)

Just Better Together

Anonymous –  (April 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM)  

It depends where you're staying, but we stayed near Lahaina and like the luau at the Sheraton: http://mauihawaiiluau.com/sheratonluau.php

We also like Aloha Mixed Plate for casual eats: http://www.alohamixedplate.com/ We really liked their garlic fries.

Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

style fare (April 19, 2011 at 10:02 PM)  

adorable! so happy for you 2 :) and it's not to see this webzine is english-based - there are a lot of korean-only ajumma sites out there!

Anonymous –  (April 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM)  

in LA: coupa cafe, bottega louie, gjelina, park bbq, primitivo, paulette macarons, porto's bakery, father's office, prince, venice beach wines, daikokuya, umami, a-frame, wurstkuche. bouchon bakery might be open by the time you visit in beverly hills.

i love glen ivy too, if you like hot springs. and shik do rak is in the OC (sort of near glen ivy). and if you have time, cabazon for their outlets :)

in SF- thanh long! their garlic noodles is like the best thing everrr. and their drunken crab. i'm blanking on names of other restaurants i love in SF tho.

-grace n

Anonymous –  (April 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM)  

ooh, also. to do around LA- getty villa (in malibu), getty center, huntington library, LACMA. also, ask ray lin. he knows like... everything.

i also looove la mar in SF. and the pier building thing.

-grace n

Unknown (April 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM)  

Hiya, just saw you and Audrey over at the CoolKids Cool Kids feature. You've got an adorable little girl and you're both so stylish. : ) I'm glad I clicked onto your blog! Have fun in Maui.. I've only ever visited the Big Island and Oahu and all I can say is.. the people are beautiful, inside and out. You'll have a great time.
Congratulations on Baby #2!

sharon sf (April 22, 2011 at 2:31 AM)  

you should check out tyler florence's restaurant wayfarer tavern...boulevard is also a goodie :) can't wait to hang out with the lee's next wknd haha !

5inchpumps (April 22, 2011 at 2:32 AM)  

oh and jiye, you should check out the balenciaga exhibit at the de young !! i'm going in a few weeks & heard it's really good !

sharon sf (April 22, 2011 at 2:33 AM)  

sorry the above was posted by me !

I Live For It (April 22, 2011 at 4:47 PM)  

This is so awesome!! We are following you now! We are your 300th! Congrats. :)

I Live For It

Xx. Jewls and Liza

seoulinthecity (April 22, 2011 at 10:43 PM)  

awesome that you're famous! hahahaha...miss you guys so much :(

MICHELLE (April 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM)  

What a fun trip! I'm sure you know, but go to Tartine in SF. It's not overrated. :)

Anonymous –  (April 24, 2011 at 7:34 PM)  

How exciting! Look forward to hearing about the trips! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsTeeNaturally

Amy (April 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM)  

Woohoo, SF! I currently live in this city, and really love the vibrant culture, progressive minds, great shopping and delicious food that happens in this wonderful place. If you have time, here are my suggestions:

1. Ferry Building: Come here hungry. Some of the best little treats in SF are inside this foodie mall, with cheese shops, wine stores, delis, macaroons (our famous!), Vietnamese food, oysters, you name it. It's the perfect place for a Saturday morning stroll when we have our farmer's market.

2. San Tung: Best chicken wings ever. If you don't mind waiting, this little Chinese restaurant has some of the best wings I've ever tried (and I lived in the South!). They're crispy, spicy, sweet, sour, gingery, moist, hot and delicious, all at once.

3. Beretta: It's a gem of a place if you're looking to get away from Union Square and all of the tourists. They've got great Italian food, and it's always lively here.

4. Dolores Park: How about a picnic in the park with your husband? It's a great people watching place, and one of my favorite spots to dine with my bf when the sun comes out. There's Tartine for baked goodies and sandwiches and Delfina Pizzeria nearby if you're wanting to try some of our local favorites!

5. Tomasso's: Serious Italian food. The wait takes a while, but absolutely worth it. Francis Ford Coppola reportedly kept an office nearby so that he could dine there for lunch. Their cioppino and lasagna are some of the best without having to fly to Italy!

Anonymous –  (April 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM)  

In Maui
Mama's Fish House- Need to call well in advance for reservation. Ask for a window seat around sunset. Make sure to go early and take pictures before the sunsets.

Haliimaile general store- Spend the day driving around the Upcountry and finish with dinner here. It's sooo good.

Have a great trip!

Anonymous –  (February 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM)  

As Steph said, Ululani's Shave Ice in Lahaina and Kahului is a must go. Probably the best shave ice in all of Hawaii beating out Waiola's on Oahu because of their syrup. It's delish! Aloha Mix Plate for cheap local plate lunches and Maui Specialty Chocolates in Kahului for the best peanut butter chocolate mochi ever.

Post a Comment