Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Introducing Our New Addition!

A's expression says it all. 
It's been an adjustment period for us all...especially little A, who doesn't seem so little anymore.

Sorry for the long hiatus. I was so tired towards the end of my pregnancy. Plus, I thought I was in labor every other day for weeks on end. I was that girl that went to the hospital (twice!) thinking I was in labor only to get sent home both times! I doubt anyone cares to read the labor story but if you're interested, let me know and I'll do a post on it. 

Anywhoo...baby D is exactly 4 weeks today and it's been a roller coaster ride. 

Some of the Ups:

- Getting to know our baby girl, D. So far, she has been such an easy baby and I'm so thankful for that. She's also pretty constipated so she passes A LOT of gas which keeps us pretty entertained...except when I'm alone with her at Costco and she farts loudly in her stroller and people turn around thinking it's me. Not cool, D. Not cool.

- My amazing mom who came to stay for 5 weeks to cook and clean and help with the kids. SO beyond grateful! I dropped her off at the airport today and after she hugged me, I left her standing in the rain and ran into my car because tears were streaming down my face and I was too embarrassed for her to see that. I was so thankful but it felt awkward to say that to her so I didn't say anything at all. In the Korean culture, we don't really show a lot of emotion amongst family members so there I was in my car, her out in the rain, both of us shooing each other to leave first. 

Some of the Downs:

- Learning to balance caring for a newborn and a (very demanding) toddler. When A came to the hospital, she was fine initially. But after seeing everyone fawn other baby D nonstop, A crawled into a corner of the room and said "I'm sad. Mommy, you're not my best friend anymore. I don't like you." over and over again. It was so heartbreaking. After being used to being with me 24/7, it is a huge adjustment for her. I would appreciate any tips you guys have!

- My first experience with Mastitis! It was awful!!

Overall, it's been amazing and exhausting all at once. I hope to find time to blog more frequently and once I fit into non-maternity clothes, I hope to get back to doing more fashion posts as well. I've missed you all my bloggie friends and I'm thankful for whoever is still out there that's reading this. 

Happy thanksgiving!!!

Unknown (November 22, 2011 at 7:30 PM)  

She is gorgeous! Two beautiful girls. I love to hear birth stories. Congratulations!

Pamela (November 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM)  

Birth story! And poor A ... this must be difficult. Will we get to know what D stands for?

Ella Pretty Blog (November 22, 2011 at 7:41 PM)  

Congratulations on the birth of little D - she is SO precious! LOL'ing so much at your costco story...

I totally feel the same way about my mother - am so grateful for all the help she gave me after the birth of my kiddies.

Good luck with the sibling adjustment - it can be trickey but I'm sure there's lots of good advice out there (I'm not much help because I have twins LOL - so they've always had each other around). My sister read a lot of books to her son before his sibling arrived - so things went pretty smoothly for her. One she loved was this Mercer Mayer/Little Critters one:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Baby-Mercer-Mayer/dp/0307119424

Ella Pretty Blog (November 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM)  

By the way - the picture is SO classic - lil D is cuddling up to A "look how adorable I am" and A looks like she's thinking "Are we done now?"

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (November 22, 2011 at 7:56 PM)  

Oh my gosh, a huge CONGRATS to you! The little one is adorable - and so is the big one :O)

I think you are doing an amazing job balancing a kid and a newborn. Keep up the good work!

http://www.thegirlieblog.com
http://www.geekettegazette.com

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (November 22, 2011 at 7:56 PM)  

Congrats on your beautiful new baby girl! Both of your girls are gorgeous!

Good luck with the adjustment period with A. I am sure she will love being a big sister in no time!

elliezabeth (November 22, 2011 at 8:02 PM)  

of course we'd love to hear your birth story!

and i can't help but adore a's expression here (though i'm sorry to hear her adjustment has been rough). having a sister yourself, i'm sure you know there will be rough patches, but there's also the potential for an incredible and special lifelong friendship.

Cyn (November 22, 2011 at 8:39 PM)  

Oh my gosh she is precious, and little A is so cute and her expression is priceless. I am sure the will adjust soon. They will be best friends forever =) I also cried like there is no tomorrow when my mom went back to Mexico after she helped me with my baby boy. I will always be grateful for having her during those first weeks. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anna Walker (November 22, 2011 at 8:48 PM)  

Aweh! I would love to hear your labor story and CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

So glad that she is an easy baby, and I hope that she an A will get along together someday! :)

Anonymous –  (November 22, 2011 at 8:59 PM)  

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lili (November 22, 2011 at 9:08 PM)  

congratulations! such a great Christmas gift to your family!

Curvy Petite (November 22, 2011 at 9:18 PM)  

I've been waiting patiently to hear the updates! Congrats! I'm a first time mommy who is due in three weeks! I'd love to hear your birth story of baby D! Also, any suggestions for boy names?

temi –  (November 22, 2011 at 9:47 PM)  

Omg it looks like d is a's baby doll! I love a's expression. She looks like a mini Blair Waldorf.

Betsy B. (November 22, 2011 at 11:48 PM)  

How old is your oldest? My boys are just under 2 years apart. It was crazy for the first few months, but it kept getting easier and now they are best buds so it's great. I had my oldest help a lot with the baby and that seemed to help. He would bring clean diapers and throw away the old ones. He brought soft toys to lay on his brother. Good luck. Take naps when you can!

Life told by Her (November 23, 2011 at 12:03 AM)  

just in time for the holidays! :)

honey my heart (November 23, 2011 at 1:21 AM)  

hooray for a beautiful new addition. happy thanksgiving to you and your family :)

Suz –  (November 23, 2011 at 1:56 AM)  

Congratulations! You have two beautiful daughters. I have two daughters and they are 3.5 years apart. There was an adjustment period for my older daughter as well. I think it's normal but still hard for parents to see their baby unhappy. My older daughter asked me why no one thinks she is cute anymore and that just brought tears to my eyes. I just try to remind her that she's still beautiful and special to us as ever. It will get better. You'll see her go thru the stages of becoming a proud and protective big sister.

donna (November 23, 2011 at 4:00 AM)  

congratulation! what is mastitis? anywhoo, YOU should have a special party for A and celebrate her being a big sis! or go traditional korean and memmeh her and tell her to suck it up

Chevon J. - La Bella Vita (November 23, 2011 at 8:32 AM)  

COngratulations. Both of your little ones are adorable. And A's expression is so hilarious. I'm sure she'll laugh about all of this when she's older!

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (November 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM)  

Congratulations! Adorbale little ones! Is that faux fur on Baby D? Too cute.

style fare (November 23, 2011 at 10:30 AM)  

omg, you're back! you were missed - and little a's expression is priceless! she looks like such a big girl here! don't worry, it will pass and they will quickly become the best of friends. :)

Anonymous –  (November 23, 2011 at 11:12 AM)  

Awww. A's expression is "I'm not impressed... when is she leaving??" It does takes some time for the once-only-child to warm up. 2-3 months.

With my son, we gave him more time, attention and tlc, preparing him. One thing I did when he got a new stuffed toy, I also got him to pick a plush as present to GIVE to his sister when she arrived.

He was "mommy's" helper. He loved that. I felt for him because his routines were disrupted. He never had to share my time before. My husband would do what I couldn't time-wise [story, bedtime etc]. My son got adjusted to changes. Got him involve to help with things.

Patience is not always there when we're deprived of sleep, and they want or need, or act out. We expect them to know better or not to do X Y or Z. One thing, I have remind myself every so often, is that they're still little.

***

I bet your mom was crying too.
A will be a wonderful big sister. Baby D is adorable. Congrats to you and Ray!

Gina –  (November 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM)  

Congratulations and welcome back Jiye! Your girls are beautiful. I was in A's position and I promise you that this, too, shall pass. :-)

christiana (November 23, 2011 at 11:55 AM)  

they're both so pretty and A's expression is priceless hahahaa!

DrunkOnShoes (November 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM)  

omg that picture is hilare! It comes with the territory I think after you have the second one. i heard one of the best ways to cope is to fawn over A when she helps out with the baby. like calling her the world's best older sister, or mommy's little helper and get her stuff that says that. and i guess if that doesn't work... candy?

congratulations girlie!!! can't wait to see these two budding fashionistas get glammed up over the years. hehehehe. <3

Amy (November 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM)  

Congratulations on your newest addition! Both your daughters are absolutely beautiful.

When my second niece was born, the older sister had a tough transition period. I guess it is hard to share attention, no matter how old or young we are. I remember her at the hospital, sitting on a chair, trying to absorb all the changes and looking at her little sister like ... do we really have to take her home? Her parents, the grandparents and I made sure she knew she was still very much loved and the center of our attention, with of course, a little one to share the spotlight. It took her awhile though. I remember her trying to hide her little sister in the closet, and closing the door on her so she wouldn't be able to join! Those make very funny memories later on.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous –  (November 24, 2011 at 8:20 PM)  

Hello! I love reading your blog. I think you have amazing taste in fashion and decor.

Tips for A and D: Just make sure A has her own routine going on. Usually school helps a lot, she would have a steady schedule and have her own friends her age. Having another family member come in is really tough on the older child that has had everyone's attention all this while. Include her with new baby duties, and remind her of older sister duties/ responsibilities. Soon enough, she will get over this whole adjustment period.

Would love to hear your labor stories! :) Happy thanksgiving!

Jennelle (November 27, 2011 at 9:55 AM)  

Wow congrats!!! A looks like such a big girl now too.

I sympathize with you. When my daughter was born my son was very confused with all the attention that was being taken away and started to act out as a result of that. The best advice we got was to include him in the care of the new sibling and try to give him one on one time and that made things easier.

Hip Teacher Mama (November 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM)  

Awww....my girls went through the same thing. I had Abby when Hannah wasn't yet two (they are 20 months apart). The jealousy will soon subside and I'm sure A will be a great helper to you. Now that my girls are 1 and Hannah just turned 3, she considers herself "my #1 helper." She loves to take care of Abby and help me lay out her diaper stuff, get her clothes ready, etc. Enjoy every moment. :) This is an amazing blog! Love your style and A is super adorable.

Anonymous –  (November 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM)  

Congratulations!

Aside from getting A to help you, as other posters have already mentioned, you can try having mini dates with A if possible. Even if it's a quick trip to the ice cream shop or a special craft/activity at home, you can show her that there IS a new member of the family to love but that she can also have special one-on-one time with mommy and/or daddy as well! And don't forget to tell her what a good helper and big sister she is - positive reinforcement! Hope this helps :)

Anonymous –  (November 29, 2011 at 1:19 AM)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

regarding A and the new baby, i think kids now are smarter and more sensitive compared when we were kids.

Can you do a post on how you are trying to losing the pregnancy weight?
Don't forget to rest, cuz have 2 kids must be really tiring.

Anonymous –  (November 29, 2011 at 1:20 AM)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

regarding A and the new baby, i think kids now are smarter and more sensitive compared when we were kids.

Can you do a post on how you are trying to losing the pregnancy weight?
Don't forget to rest, cuz have 2 kids must be really tiring.

LeRae (November 29, 2011 at 12:17 PM)  

You had your baby! Congratulations. Is her birthday the 22nd? I had my baby boy on the 24th of Oct.

She is beautiful!!!

xoxo
Vanilla Day

dress up files (November 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM)  

LeRae: Congrats to you too! D was born on the 25th so just a day after you!

sam –  (December 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM)  

came to your blog to see more pics of baby D! she's precious. hope you're the days are getting easier and that A is adjusting better to the change.

Post a Comment