Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Doughnut Vault

We ventured out to the Doughnut Vault last Saturday to find out for ourselves what all the hype was about. We got there before they even opened and the line was already around the block. Good thing we picked up some sausage mcmuffins on the way.

Next in line, A and hubbie peeking into the tiny storefront. They run out everyday about 1-2 hours into opening. While in line, we saw the tweet that they were running low on chocolate doughnuts. Oh no!

Loved the antique cash register and chandelier!

The sole worker filling doughnut orders. I was scared for my life when I took the remaining chocolate doughnuts, resulting in huge gasps from the people in line behind me. Sorry people!!

The doughnuts.

While they were indeed tasty, I don't think it was worth the wait. Would love for Doughnut Plant to open in Chicago. Now that is a doughnut! Who else is jumping off the cupcake and onto the doughnut bandwagon??

foxes & flamingos (May 9, 2011 at 8:09 AM)  

Glad you got there before we made the trip. Now I know it might not be worth the trip from the burbs. ;0)

milk tea + polkadots (May 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM)  

Thanks for posting abt this! I definitely don't want to waste my time waiting in line for mediocre doughnuts now. Haha.

Melissa (May 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM)  

This sounds so fun! Although I have to be honest, if they know they have such a high demand for their products, how on earth are they still running out of things? Make enough if you know people want them. You'll make more money. Just sayin'. :)

Tales of a young mamma (May 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM)  

Those look amaaazing- I LOVE donuts! But i don't think I'd wait in a long line for them though..but then again I hate lines!! With a passion

Unknown (May 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM)  

They look delicious! It must be really hard to wait in line for a long time when you're craving for sugar :)
xoxo
Have a lovely week!

NANCY (May 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM)  

OMG, those look so delicious!!! Now I desperately want one!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following you back! HOpe you had a fantastic weekend!

Nancy

http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com

Fashionista Extraordinaire (May 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM)  

I think they might be on to something!! Doughnuts Doughnuts everywhere!! DC would be a great place to pop open shop!!!

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (May 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM)  

Yummy! Glazed and chocolate are my faves!

Anonymous –  (May 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM)  

Is it ok if I have a cupcake AND donut wagon to ride around on? I can't choose just one!

Anonymous –  (May 10, 2011 at 5:44 PM)  

they had outkast playing really loud. nothing wrong with that.

Lauren-Ashley (May 11, 2011 at 12:41 PM)  

Those look really good. I t always sucks when something doesn't taste as fabulous as it looks.

Abby (May 15, 2011 at 8:36 PM)  

That's quite a line, and they look so yummy! I don't think I would have wanted to wait in line for that, though...

Post a Comment