Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vintage Finds!

Drove to South Haven, Michigan for the weekend and found a fantastic vintage store: Murphy's Mall!
Here are some things that caught my eye!

Drop leaf table in a light celadon. I love the curved legs!

This was my friend, N's find: black dresser in the back

Mid-century style chair. I would paint this a fun, vibrant red and maybe place it near the doorway for putting on shoes?

Love these old fashioned fans!

Canisters! I love the lettering!

Gorgeous owl pin that my friend spotted!

It was hard to choose from so many great things. I came home with...

..a cameo pendant. I love cameos. There is just something so romantic and feminine about them. I plan to put it on a long, gold chain and pair it with more masculine elements like a dark blazer (sleeves rolled up of course).

I also got the friendliest owl pin ever! His glasses come up and down!

My third and last purchase of the day was this $18 find! I plan to repaint it in high gloss white and reupholster it in a more modern fabric. I'm nervous...this is my first big DIY refinishing project. I'll, of course post the after pictures when I'm all finished. I would love any tips or suggestions!

AC (June 30, 2009 at 1:38 PM)  

ji ye, it's alexis. try design sponge - they have a lot of diy projects posted with instructions and before/after photos! many of the projects are refinishing/upholstering. hope that helps!

http://www.designspongeonline.com

PearlsAndGreenTea (June 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM)  

alexis: so funny! i was on that exact site (the before/after section) for hours last night getting inspired...:)

Unknown (June 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM)  

Very awesome finds!!! I can't wait to see what you do with these~! And you should definitely submit them to Grace at D*S. Good stuff, girl.

(Truly Smitten)

chicagosun (June 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM)  

no body got that mini Radio-Flyer wagon?!? I would've picked that up in a heart beat!

Anonymous –  (June 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM)  

I don't think I would have been able to restrain myself! Like the little table with the sides that fall down or the 2 drawer stand?

Can't wait to see the final product!

Anonymous –  (June 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM)  

Oh, and I heard Michigan is known for a lot of vintage finds... wish they were in Illinois too!

PearlsAndGreenTea (June 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM)  

cindy: it was so fun! we should get a group of girls who enjoy thrifting and make a day trip to michigan. south haven was only 2 hours away!

Anonymous –  (July 2, 2009 at 10:00 AM)  

Looks like a blast!! I can't wait to see the after photos! :D

Anonymous –  (July 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM)  

jiye: let's do it! let me know when. :)

Justine (December 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM)  

Did you reuphostler the chair? I'd love to see it!

Just Better Together is having 2 giveaways!

PearlsAndGreenTea (December 12, 2010 at 10:52 PM)  

Justine: I did! I blogged about it here...

http://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com/2010/09/diy-refinishing-and-reupholstering.html

Post a Comment