Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

THE perfect summer sandal...

This time last year...I was prancing around Greece on the most amazing vaca ever! On the top of my to-do list in Athens was to pay a visit to Pantelis at Melissinos Art. Pantelis is a third generation sandal-maker. His father made sandals for Jackie-O (Love her!) and the Beatles, just to name a few.

Here's a picture of us with Pantelis. I was so excited to be at the store and sit in the exact chairs that the Beatles and Jackie-O sat on when they were fitted for sandals!

Here's Pantelis working on my Jackie-O's!

I got 2 pairs...the Jackie-O (shown at the top) and the Theta(pictured below). The best part is..they were so affordable at around $35-40 each. These hand crafted sandals are PERFECT for running around on hot, summer days and they are extremely comfortable.


You can order them online at the Melissinos Art website. Enjoy!!

Damsels (June 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM)  

great price on those
We Were Damsels

Thanks for the lovely comment we really appreciate you stopping by our blog

Anonymous –  (June 17, 2009 at 4:21 PM)  

I never put my order in! I think I was directed to call at one point :P

I can't believe that was a year ago!!!

(um... what's wrong with Ray's eye?)

PearlsAndGreenTea (June 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM)  

eatyourbap: there was a rock necklace hanging down from a string and the picture made it look like it was in his eye. he looks like a pirate. rrrr!!

christiana (June 18, 2009 at 1:14 AM)  

wow so much has happened in one year! love the sandals!

Anonymous –  (June 18, 2009 at 2:52 AM)  

Those sandals are gorgeous!

Lizabeth xoxo
http://euphoriaswarmsin.blogspot.com

dreamecho (June 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM)  

thanks for visiting my blog! you are lucky to have gotten these made just for you -- and at such a great price! they are lovely. :)

SK (July 6, 2009 at 2:50 AM)  

I went to Melissinos as well when I was in Athens! I got the gladiators maybe 3 years ago and I am still wearing them this summer! I love how the leather changes color and gets so soft. It is the perfect sandal, isn't it :)

Mary Ann (September 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM)  

I love this - I'm going to Athens in 2 weeks. I also had a pair custom made when I was in Positano 2 years ago. So cool! ;-)

Post a Comment