Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Beds, Beds, Beds!

Hubbie and I decided to upgrade to a king size bed and we are beyond excited! I love the hubs and all but we've both expanded quite a bit since we got married 5 years ago and have outgrown our queen size bed. The mattress is ordered and ready to go (yay for labor day sales!) but I've been going back and forth over the bed frame decision. 

I fell in love with upholstered headboards years ago and finally have a chance to call one my own. I will post another time about my dream beds that are over our price range but for now, I need immediate practical help. Please vote on your favorite bed!!
Bed 1: The Tate
I used to be all about clean, mid century lines but recently, I've been leaning more towards classically elegant styles (think the Elysian hotel) which you'll see in the next 2 picks.


Bed 2: The Colette
I've been in love with this bed for years but I think it looks a bit awkward in the king size. It looks perfect in the full or queen. Am I being crazy?
Bed 3: Crown King Bed
They don't have a sample at the stores and it has to be custom made so I have to buy it sight unseen and have no option to return. Risky!

Please help us choose a bed or if there are other beds in a similar price range, please forward my way. Thanks!!

April (September 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM)  

I love all the beds! How exciting, congratulations on the bigger bed size! My husband and I have a California King and it's a good amount of space for us and our cats. My cat Sunrise seems to take up more space. LOL! I really love the Tate design. :)

Pamela (September 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM)  

I love the 2nd one the best. I'd be eager to hear how you fell in love with upholstered boards. We're in the midst of moving/upgrading furniture and I had always thought I wanted a wooden board ... until now. Share!

Unknown (September 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM)  

i love the second one...but it would look nice in a gray color :)

dress up files (September 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM)  

priscilla: great minds think alike!! i just posted on my fb that i'm leaning towards the colette but in the graphite color!

Unknown (September 8, 2011 at 3:30 PM)  

i actually like the second one. The first one I do love but i've seen the similar design in almost everyone's house and I'm kind of tired of it.
I think the neutral color looks nice but I would prefer darker.

Justine (September 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM)  

hehehe! YAY for King size beds! I like the 2nd one too, but I am not 100% if I like it for the king. Would the top of the design make it look weird? I really like simple and clean cuts, so I am going to have to go with number one.

Jen @ redsolesandredwine (September 8, 2011 at 5:05 PM)  

1) a king bed changes your entire life, my husband and I love it! 2) I love the collette bed and want it myself. Look forward to seeing which you picked.

And by the way, my post today has a link to the first floor of my house and my couch is from Jonathan Adler :)

www.redsolesandredwine.com

Elaine (September 8, 2011 at 6:23 PM)  

i have no idea!! i like 'em all!!

Make Mommy Chic (September 8, 2011 at 9:52 PM)  

I love #2! If you've been in love with it for years then get it!

Anonymous –  (September 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM)  

I have the Tate in the Colette's color. LOVE IT! the headboard is actually quite thick and super comfy when I lean on it. while you're at it, i highly recommend the tempurpedic bed. changed my life!

Anonymous –  (September 9, 2011 at 2:46 AM)  

I vote for the Tate. Will be getting mine soon too :)

Jean (September 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM)  

Bed #2 all the way. And a king size bed is the perfect size for you, A, A's daddy, and A's sister-to-come!

Gina –  (September 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM)  

Hmmm....#2 in #1's color.

DrunkOnShoes (September 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM)  

all so pretty! i like the second one the best.

this is the bed me and blog nazi have from ethan allen and we looooooooooove it. and they have a ton of fabric swatches and colors to choose from. i am obsessed with the silver nail heads on it. Also has a really cool shape. What do you think? I think they might also have one without the tucks but still has the nail heads called the isabel =)

http://www.ethanallen.com/room?roomId=5238160&shopByRoomTypeId=5214141

http://www.ethanallen.com/product?productId=3157862

so lucky to be upgrading to a king! i've been wanting a king but it is such a huge investment to change. new mattress, head board, rails, sheets, pillows, all bedding. yikes!

have fun decorating tho!

tina (September 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM)  

i currently have the Hoffman bed from Room and Board and both my husband and i love it. the headboard is slightly angled, so it's comfortable to sit and read in bed. here's a link to the bed: http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=20320

Anonymous –  (September 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM)  

i know this is a tangential topic, but what mattress did you buy? I am replacing my king mattress for a new one.

PearlsAndGreenTea (September 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM)  

Drunk on Shoes: I looove the Isabel bed!! I saw it a few days ago and was so excited when I saw the price until I realized that it was the price for just the headboard. I never had a chance to go to the Ethan Allen store to check it out in person. It's gorgeous in the picture though!!

PearlsAndGreenTea (September 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM)  

Anonymous: About our mattress, we got the Simmons Beautyrest World Class Corita Plush Firm at usmattress.com. There was a labor day sale so we got it for $689 shipped but now the price went back up to $1159 or so.

DrunkOnShoes (September 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM)  

the Isabel is comparable in price to the beds you are considering. $899 for headboard $599 for the rails and $60 for the nail head. the price will also vary depending on what fabric you choose at the showroom. i think you will have more fun at ethan allen because not only do they have different color options which CB does too i guess but u can also play with the fabric textures. and there is 10% off going on right now. so pretty much tax free. the isabel might actually come out cheaper than the colette and it will be more custom. roughly $1500 vs $1870 if you go with the colette (includes tax). and ethan allen gives you free shipping if you are within 50 miles of a design center. you should def check it out. i had fun picking out mine at ethan allen. =)

AubreyOhDang! (September 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM)  

collette. I'm kinda surprised I picked this one. It just appealed to me and is my first instinct.

Katie (September 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM)  

A king bed will change your life! Seriously, they are amazing. I LOVE the third choice! You should also look at The Chesterfield at Restoration Hardware...it reminds me of your first one. The online pictures don't do it justice, but in "graphite belgian linen" it is gorgeous!

Jessica Cole (September 10, 2011 at 4:11 PM)  

I have to say I love the first one, my least favourite is the third bed BUT they're all pretty lovely!! I saw a sleigh bed at a furniture barn (in the UK) and although I don't know if I ever would own one, I do think they are very old fashioned and romantic.

Anonymous –  (September 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM)  

OOOOOOOOOH. I like bed #2. LOVE that ethan Allen bed someone posted. I want one too.

pauline –  (September 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM)  

i have the second on in a king size and it's not awkward at all! i love it and we get compliments all time :)

DrunkOnShoes (September 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM)  

i hope you are having a ball at ethan allen! be careful that you don't come out with more than just the bed. hehehehe...

JenlovesBal (September 13, 2011 at 4:57 PM)  

Love the Tate one. I considered that style until I went with something from West Elm. :)

colette (September 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM)  

Well, speaking from a former Crate and Barrel floor designer and owner of the Tate bed (in King size) I would say based on your comments of the 3 beds I would suggest the Colette bed. It is gorgeous in King and can go from casual to elegant in a pinch!
The stock color is a perfect Linen color while the Tate stock color is a more contemporary Steel Gray. I have last season's Tate bed in Chocolate. Both beds are wonderful and made very well!
My style is 100% Mid-Century, so the Tate was a no-brainer for me.

Any other questions you may have about either bed please feel free to ask. And yes, my name is really Colette :)

Kristen Thornburg (September 22, 2011 at 8:46 AM)  

The last one is definitely my favorite!

Post a Comment