Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Missoni for Target

Yes, I was that mom that dragged her toddler out of the house at 7:30 am for Missoni. We got to my neighborhood Target at 7:45 to see this...

Quickly changed plans and headed to the next closest Target a couple miles away. Called my girlfriends, telling them to reroute as well. Girlfriend T gets to 2nd Target to find only 5 people in line. Yes!! Meanwhile, I'm caught in traffic and it's 7:58 am (Target opens at 8). No!!

Finally arrive at 8:03 am. After grabbing at the womens section, I tell A to run (she thinks this is a fun game. Score!) with me to the shoe department. Then, we run to accessories.

While waiting for the elevator to get to the home department upstairs, I give her a lollipop for her ability to keep up and not throw a tantrum during this high stress situation. You heard me right. A lollipop for my 2 year old at 8 am. Not my proudest hour as a mom but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. and yes, that is my cart full of shoes!

Here's what I ended up with! The poncho, matching skirts for me and A, ballet flats for me and A, onesie for baby #2, 2 plates and a make up bag. I was dying for a throw and have not given up completely yet.

Did you check out the Missoni for Target collection yesterday? or did you attempt to purchase online? That site was impossible all day! Share your stories...I'd love to hear them!!

style fare (September 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM)  

I am so proud of you girls! I can't even begin to talk about my rage and disappointment (after having woke up at 3am to a stockless site at that!). Anyway, if you have any flats in a 7 you'd like to sell me, let me know. ;)

Tabitha (September 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM)  

You TOTALLY scored! And love that you had that bonding moment with your daughter. I was lucky enough to be one of the people that was able to order online in the wee hours when the site first refreshed. I ordered 2 pairs of flats (girls and kids - yup both for myself) and also the kids scarf, gloves and hat. Yay for being a short asian. :)

Mama Slice (September 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM)  

What is this?? Was it a crazy sale?? You're so hilarious Jiye. :)

Baby Shopaholic (September 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM)  

I was there at 8! Looks like you shopped smart! My baby got most of the stuf. I have a post on my finds on my blog.

Anonymous –  (September 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM)  

I went a lot later. Nothing left on the Women's racks. My friend went to a different one and I stopped by there because she said they had shoes. And yes, sure enough, I managed to get the flats. I'm pretty sure they will re-stock, but who knows when. I seriously cannot believe it all sold out SO quickly!

And hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! Everyone was a happy camper in the end, right? :)

Truly Smitten (September 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM)  

It was COMPLETELY wiped out when Cindy and I went! Just dust bunnies lingering :(

temi –  (September 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM)  

The online part was so frustrating!!

5inchpumps (September 14, 2011 at 11:43 PM)  

omg !!! i am so jelly that you got so much cute stuff !!

steph (September 16, 2011 at 12:14 AM)  

i couldn't get online cuz of the site crash so i just decided to stop by target before work to check out the situation. i got there a couple minutes before 8 and there was absolutely NO line! i was able to score a bunch of stuff. i think my fave is the robe =) i've been wanting one for so long and wasn't able to find one that was just right.

Kristin (September 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM)  

Grabbed some square dinner plates and I'm in love! Everything else was pretty picked over by the time we arrived.

Anonymous –  (September 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM)  

great finds! although I'm not too crazy about matchy-matchy mom & daughter outfits.

dress up files (September 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM)  

Anonymous: Oh I would never wear it on the same day!! haha...I'm not a fan of matchy matchy mother daughter outfits either!!

Grand Shoppes (September 18, 2011 at 11:56 AM)  

Hi, we featured your blog on our virtual online shopping mall: http://southernbelleshoppes.ning.com/group/southern-belles-who-blog/forum/topics/fashion-style-blogs
We hope you join us!
http://southernbelleshoppes.ning.com/group/southern-belles-who-blog/forum/topics/fashion-style-blogs
Thanks!
Jackie

Kristen Thornburg (September 22, 2011 at 8:45 AM)  

Nice job!! I saw these at Target the other day... nothing in my size OR my daughter's!!

Anonymous –  (October 4, 2011 at 2:18 PM)  

hahaha - you are too funny! I take my children on wild shopping sprees all the time as well, I am so blessed to have such obedient kids. Your daughter is adorable! Great haul you got there, can't wait to see you wear them!

http://justtututiny.blogspot.com/

Thu

patchhats (October 7, 2011 at 11:38 PM)  

Also, I thought you mom's may be interested in the newest kids craze in my town, Patch Hats! Check out a hat you have never seen before here at www.patchhats.com

Ricademus (October 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM)  

LOL, A doesn't look to have suffered any from the experience. You two made a great haul! You did better than any of my blog friends who posted their Missoni @ Target stories--and they didn't have a toddler in tow. I'm bad at waiting in long lines, so I never have the most popular, cutting edge stuff until almost everyone does.

You have a wonderful writing style. =)

Congratulations on baby #2!

Eskeelo (October 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM)  

Hello!

This is Esther! We met at Peter & Janice's wedding. Just wanted to say hi, and hope all is going well. It's so nice to have met another mommy from the city. Hope our little ones can play together soon :) Here's my email: ejshin919@gmail.com Talk soon!

t (October 30, 2011 at 4:26 AM)  

Looks like a success!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Anonymous –  (November 10, 2011 at 1:48 AM)  

why havent u posted anything?? are u delivering??

Post a Comment