Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Black Tie Ball



I rented this dress from Rent the Runway for Hubby's ball this year. I didn't get the dress until 2 days before the ball and was so nervous it would be too long or too tight or not as cute as in the pictures.  Luckily, it fit and was so pretty in person! I was a little uncomfortable wearing such a tight fitting dress, despite my hard working undergarments (it starts with an s and ends with an x...wink wink) especially since I haven't lost all my baby weight. Also, we were running late when we were leaving so I didn't get a chance to take these pics until we got back home 7 hours later so I apologize if my hair and makeup are looking a hot mess!

My mother-in-law insisted that both kids sleep over so we could enjoy our evening. It was the first time being away from D overnight and hubby and my first night out together since D was born. 


We stayed until the very end of the ball, went to Mickey D's for a midnight snack (classy, I know) and finally got home close to 2 am. I was exhausted and ready to burst (nursing moms will know what I mean!!)

It was a fun evening and I was so proud of hubby who got recognized and won several prizes for his achievements in 2011. At the end of the day, who cares what I looked like, right? I was there to support the hubs and celebrate a great year together!

donna (February 1, 2012 at 6:15 AM)  

You look great! LOL at your comment abt nursing moms at the end of the event. Yes, it has happened to me...but I gotta say the extra oomph was a great accesory for my strapless dress. :)

Anonymous –  (February 1, 2012 at 7:49 AM)  

I love, love, love that dress on you, especially the way it ruffles around the bust. If you dont mind me asking, who is it buy? I'll have to pay more attention to the designer. Loving the coordinating evening bag - it looks like a tri-color sequined bag, luv the slap of gold in it. Liking the braelet too! Obviously I cant say enough nice things about the whole ensemble.

Oh and thanks for not putting the filter on the photos, I feel like I can fully appreciate the colors of your outfit :)

Beads in a Bag (February 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM)  

you look AMAZING!!! and you totally glow!! good you had a great night with hubs, although exhausting :)! how do you get your kids to sleepover at in-laws? my daughter would never let us go :(!!

Anonymous –  (February 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM)  

close up of your clutch please!

Anonymous –  (February 1, 2012 at 11:05 AM)  

Beautiful dress, and you look va-va-voom! Congrats to hubby for his achievement and hard work.

alison*elle (February 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM)  

So beautiful! I didn't realize from the last picture it was a long dress (for some reason I pictured it as a short cocktail dress) but it is GORGEOUS this length.

xo, alison*elle

Donna (February 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM)  

Did you just really have a baby??

I love that gown, so pretty!
And you look gorgeous!

P.S.
I love spanx!

t –  (February 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM)  

You look stunning! =)

Unknown (February 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM)  

I love the dress. You look so good for having a baby not too long ago.

Mandy
http://bunnygirlblog.com

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (February 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM)  

Oh my goodness this dress looks beautiful on you. Still can't believe you just had a second baby. You are too pretty.
www.thegirlieblog.com

dress up files (February 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM)  

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!!

Anonymous: first, what's your name? I feel bad calling you anonymous. Hehe. Anyway, the dress is by bcbg.

Beads in a bag: a started sleeping over at in laws when she was like 5-6 months old. Once I started staying home w A, mil said I should drop a off once a week to sleepover so I could meet up w friends, shop, run errands, etc. she's the best mil!! So A is so used to sleeping over there and loves it!

dress up files (February 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM)  

Anonymous: there's a closeup of the bag in a previous post. Click below

http://www.pearlsandgreentea.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

romanholiday (February 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM)  

You look gorgeous! I can't believe you just had a baby. I hope this isn't too nosy (and if it is, please disregard), but may I ask if you watched what you were eating while pregnant? My mom said she inhaled ssam and nengmyun on an hourly basis during her pregnancies, and gained only 10 pounds (!) each time-- maybe Korean food is the secret to post-partum bounce-back? Lol. Anyway, you look beautiful and positively glowing. And congrats to the husband for his awards!

dress up files (February 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM)  

Romanholiday: thanks! I definitely did not watch what I ate while pregnant. I love food and I just go nuts when I'm pregnant. But I also definitely did not gain 10 lbs! I gained 40-50 lbs with both my pregnancies and got scolded by my ob both times for gaining too much weight. I think the nursing is helping me lose weight although I feel like I've kinda plateaued and I still have 10 lbs to go.

Anonymous –  (February 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM)  

You look stunning! That dress is fabulous on you. I'm glad you had such a great night out!

Mary Ann (February 3, 2012 at 1:47 AM)  

The dress is gorgeous - you look beautiful!

steph (February 3, 2012 at 3:47 AM)  

love the dress and you totally dont look like it was 7 hours after!

Unknown (February 3, 2012 at 1:01 PM)  

Just started my mommy blogging this week. I am obsessed with all things fashion, shopping, and blogging. I love this new world :) It is how I spend my evenings when the kids go to bed. Please feel free to check out my blog :) And follow if you like :)
http://mommysguiltypleasures.blogspot.com/

Jean (February 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM)  

The fact that you were so engorged was a definite benefit to you looking so fab!

Pauline –  (February 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM)  

Omg you look amazing! I would not believe you just had a baby....
The dress and bag are just perfect!

Shutterbug (February 5, 2012 at 2:49 AM)  

you look very pretty. it's been awhile since I got to dress up...

Jen @ redsolesandredwine (February 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM)  

You look beautiful! I love the dress.

LeRae (February 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM)  

You look gorgeous! I wish I had a black tie ball to go to just so I can get dressed up! :)
Vanilla Day

Post a Comment