Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rare Night Out on the Town!

Gap t-shirt, Forever21 skirt, Members Only booties, Chanel handbag, Cartier, J.Crew, Hermes, Rebecca Minkoff watch and bracelets

Ever since I saw these shorts in the J.Crew Spring 2011 lookbook, I knew I had to get something with a peplum stat. I found this bright floral print peplum mini at Forever21 and it just screamed Spring to me. So although we're still in the 30's here in dreary Chicago, I brought out this cheery print last Saturday night. 

It was a dear friend's surprise party so I actually changed out of my Saturday night uniform (tattered t-shirt and pajama pants) and made my way to a hip bar downtown. It was fun but dare I say, I missed my couch and playing "Monopoly Deal" against the hubbs. Yes, we are dorks!

I love exposed zippers!

The skirt is pretty frilly and bright so I paired it with a casual grey t-shirt to balance it out.

How did you spend your Saturday night? Do you prefer a wild night out or a quiet night in? I think I like 3 quiet nights in for every 1 wild night out. Although I'll be the first to admit it was quite the opposite back in my heydey!

Unknown (March 29, 2011 at 7:27 AM)  

Oh, I'm hearing you! A great Saturday night includes hot chips, milkshakes and a kids DVD. How times have changed. Glad you enjoyed your night out, and looking hot whilst doing so! xx

Anonymous –  (March 29, 2011 at 7:32 AM)  

very cute!

Secondhand Stella (March 29, 2011 at 7:43 AM)  

I am the same way... I used to LOVE to go out and now I am a total homebody. I also had to go out for a friend's bday Sat night and I def missed my couch and tv ;)

LeRae (March 29, 2011 at 9:52 AM)  

I'm loving your beautiful bracelets!

Vanilla Day

christiana (March 29, 2011 at 12:36 PM)  

you are so cute and looking fab as always!

Lilly Style (March 29, 2011 at 12:59 PM)  

You look fabulous! That skirt is so adorable.
I'm all about quiet nights in these days. Once a month we have a girls night out (nothing wild, just dinner and drinks).

Anonymous –  (March 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM)  

so adorable! love love that floral print!

xo,
joAnn

Anonymous –  (March 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM)  

Great outfit! I like that you balanced out the skirt with the grey T-shirt. I think my favourite are the booties : )

style fare (March 29, 2011 at 11:07 PM)  

love that skirt! and hey now, we're still young - don't talk about the heyday like it was *that* long ago (even if it was!). xoxo!

Donna (March 30, 2011 at 3:51 AM)  

Your hair got so long!
Love the different color combo of dark and bright!

temi –  (March 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM)  

Effortlessly chic! You always look so put together. Thanks for coming!

kimmie (March 30, 2011 at 4:29 PM)  

You always look so chic! I love this skirt, and how you paired it with a casual t-shirt :)

Since having my son, 99.9% of my nights are quiet nights in, so when I do have the opportunity to have a night out, it's extra special and so much fun!

Lisa (April 1, 2011 at 1:47 AM)  

love your blog i think you've got super cute style!!

i prefer a quiet night in haha and i make the hubs play monopoly.. the hubs not so much so i have to force him too hahaha..

i'm a new follower would love for you to visit and follow me too if you like!!

Love LuLu (April 1, 2011 at 12:15 PM)  

Love the shoes!

www.luluadores.com

marcela (April 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM)  

I love this bag you are wearing

check out my blog, I awarded you with The Versatile Blogger Award

http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

Elaine (April 6, 2011 at 7:26 PM)  

I'm more focused on that CHANEL bag!!!!!!!

Justine (April 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM)  

I love the way you pair it with a gray Vneck. I need something like those j crew shorts too!

I agree with you, 3 nights in, 1 night out :)

Just Better Together

Anonymous –  (April 21, 2011 at 3:23 AM)  

do you not mind matching silver with gold hardware? i have chanel black m/l in shw, but i have tory burch black flats with ghw.. do you think it'll be weird to wear them together?

dress up files (April 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM)  

Anonymous: Hi! I mix gold and silver all the time. My chanel flap and my watch have silver hardware but most of my other accessories and jewelry are gold. I wear everything together! Besides, you don't want to look too matchy matchy anyway! :)

Post a Comment