Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas...

A finally gets the whole Santa concept this year. She dictated this letter to Santa.

We got the Elf on the Shelf and we are loving this new tradition! For those who don't know what it is, you basically buy this book and elf combo. The elf sits somewhere in your house and watches how you behave. Each night, he flies to the North Pole to tell Santa if you've been naughty or nice. He disappears every year on Christmas Eve and reappears each year the day after Thanksgiving. After seeing the movie that goes with it, A decided to name ours Chippy as well.

Where's Chippy? A's behavior has gotten much better since Chippy's been around. If she refuses to do something, all it takes is a gentle reminder that Chippy is watching. I love it!

Holiday cards stamped and ready to be mailed.

Christmas presents wrapped in cheerful prints!

And of course, our tree.

Christmas totally crept up on  me this year, being so busy with baby D and all. Have you done all your Christmas shopping? Are your trees up? Do you have any holiday traditions in your family? I'd love to hear from you!

Anonymous –  (December 12, 2011 at 2:17 PM)  

lOVE THIS! AND OMG THE ELF ON THE SHELF?!?!?! LOVE IT! THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE MOVIE ALL THE TIME NOW I THINK ON CBS. i WANNA BUY ONE OF THOSE FOR SOFIA!

Truly Smitten (December 12, 2011 at 2:23 PM)  

super cute!!! hope all is well! wait...weren't we supposed to have lunch this week? hahaha I'm so confused!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (December 12, 2011 at 2:59 PM)  

Oh this is such a good idea - the ELF book. My little one is getting bigger and will need some fun activity like this one.

Love your tree. It's beautiful.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Claire Kiefer (December 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM)  

So cute! I love her little letter. :) The kids I babysit for have the Elf on the Shelf, and it's been a major behavior-improver for them as well! I am impressed that your gifts are wrapped and cards are addressed--I'm so far behind!

Chevon J. - La Bella Vita (December 12, 2011 at 4:02 PM)  

OMG! What lovely Christmas decorations. Your home looks great. And A's handwriting is better than most adults!!

Anonymous –  (December 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM)  

Looks like a beautiful White Christmas at your home. Glad Chippy helps [I use raffle tickets which my kids love to earn in exchange for x-y-z]. Glad A is doing better!

B's mommy (December 12, 2011 at 10:35 PM)  

love your tree!! awhile back you had commented on the chanel caviar. just curious is there one that is softer? i'm looking for one in lambskin with silver but was unsure which one is "better." thanks!!

Anonymous –  (December 12, 2011 at 11:15 PM)  

did you know there's a girl elf on a shelf? we have elf too and sometimes I get slightly freaked that he will suddenly blink and start talking to me!!

Beads in a Bag (December 13, 2011 at 10:02 AM)  

the elf on the shelf idea is great!! i love your tree and ornaments. could you share where you get them?
Sharon

DrunkOnShoes (December 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM)  

elf on the shelf! so cuuuuuuuuute! love the tree!

dress up files (December 14, 2011 at 8:38 PM)  

Beads in a bag: thanks!! We got our tree and ornaments all from target years ago! I chose ornaments that were all in shades of white, silver and blue to keep the tree looking modern and clean to go along with the rest of our place.

dress up files (December 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM)  

B's mommy: about the Chanel, I wrote a post on it awhile back. I personally prefer caviar because it's a lot more durable and doesn't show scratches but the lamb skin is a lot softer. I would just be nervous of getting it scratched.

B's mommy (December 15, 2011 at 4:06 PM)  

Thanks!!! I too get nervous about getting it scratched. but then again with a toddler perhaps I should let go and not be worried about getting my bags scratched.... it just happens.

Jisun (December 16, 2011 at 1:52 AM)  

Love this! Need to order it for Singapore

Ashleigh (December 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM)  

I'm loving all the Elf on the Shelf pictures friends are sharing on Facebook - how neat! Um, your tree is soooo pretty!

Post a Comment