Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A new addition: Cambridge Satchel

From Balenciaga to Proenza Schouler to Celine, it seems like everyone is adding candy colored brights to their handbag lines as of late. And while many are completely drool worthy, it just doesn't make sense for me to spend thousands on such a trendy hued handbag. Cue the Cambridge Satchel Fluoro Collection.

Available at Shopbop

It was pretty much love at first sight when I came across these neon satchels. I love the juxtaposition of the traditional British school bag design with the obnoxiously bright colors. The Cambridge Satchel Company was started just a few years ago by a mom in the UK. Obsessed with the Harry Potter books, she designed satchels similar to the ones they would have used at Hogwarts.

These bags were spotted all over New York Fashion Week on everyone from stylists to fashion bloggers and at $155, it's quickly becoming known as the most affordable It bag ever.


I got mine in yellow and I love it in all it's blinding glory! The quality is excellent considering the price. Made in the UK, real leather, and beautiful stitching. If you need an instant update for your look, add a fun punch of neon with these satchels!

Jisun (December 19, 2011 at 6:10 AM)  

i love the bag- it's gorgeous!!

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (December 19, 2011 at 9:05 AM)  

Yes I've seen this trend! I agree there's no way I would spend $$$ for such a trendy bag. At $155 that was a great buy!

borrowfromtheboys (December 19, 2011 at 10:33 AM)  

obsession !!! i mite have to get the green or pink one !

Jen @ redsolesandredwine (December 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM)  

I've been dying for a Proenza bag and haven't seen these! For $155, I love it. Wish I had known sooner I would have asked for this for X'mas. I want a pink one now :)

Red Soles and Red Wine

christiana (December 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM)  

the yellow looks different in your lighting. i like! how big is it?

dress up files (December 19, 2011 at 6:28 PM)  

Sharon and Jen: get it!! You girls will love it!

Chris: the color in the shopbop pic is pretty accurate. Mine came out weird coz of bad lighting. The bag is not that big, definitely more of a purse than a school bag. They have bigger sizes too. I have an outfit post coming later this week with the bag so you can see the size

Tina Chong (December 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM)  

Wait.. I love it! The yellow and orange ones especially. I've been eyeing the proenza schouler one but can't get myself to fork over the $$. This is the perfect alternative.

Post a Comment