Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Make Up Essentials!

I've gotten many requests to write about my favorite beauty products. I'll write about skin care in a future post but here are my all time favorite make up products.

1. Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer
You smooth a teeny bit onto your eyelids before eyeliner or shadow and your eye make up will stay put all day, through tears and all.

2. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner
This glides on easily and is a very true black!

3. Nars Blush in Deep Throat
I've used this shade of blush for years. I think a little bit of blush goes a long way in making your face look alive and vibrant!

4. CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara
I used to splurge on Dior Show mascara until I realized this Cover Girl one works just as well, if not better!

5. Shiseido Eyelash Curler
Everyone swears by the Shu Uemara one but I love the Shiseido one much better. It's especially good for asian, almond shaped eyes!!

6. Make Up For Ever High Definition Primer
I never really used to bother with primer but I bought this a few months ago and I'm hooked! Just smooth a pea-sized amount all over your face and put make up over it. Everything stays put (foundation, blush, etc) until you take it off! Note: I only use this with my Dior Airflash.

7. Dr. Jart + Beauty Balm
My everyday "foundation". I'm OBSESSED with this BB cream! It evens my skintone, has SPF 45, moisturizes, and has antioxidants to protect your skin. I wear this every day and it has eliminated my need for a separate sun screen, moisturizer, primer, etc. It has a very natural, light coverage which I love. If you have blemishes you need to cover, this product may not provide enough coverage but if you're looking for something to just even out skin tone, definitely give this a try!

8. Christian Dior Airflash
This is the closest you'll get to professional air brushed make up. It's a spray foundation so it literally takes 2 seconds to spray on and your foundation is done. This provides a lot of coverage so I only wear this when I'm getting dressed up for weddings or nights out. It's definitely a splurge at $62 but since I only use it for nights out, 1 bottle goes a long way for me.

So that sums up my fave make up essentials. I found all of these items either from friends that recommended them or from other blogs. The make up world can be very overwhelming and word of mouth is the best way to find out about great products! So please share your favorite make up products with me as well!!

Unknown (April 26, 2012 at 5:18 AM)  

I love NARS deep throat, I am just beginning to use it and it's fab (but so are all nars blushers). xo

www.almostdelightful.com

Wine and Summer (April 26, 2012 at 7:59 AM)  

Lash Blast is seriously the best mascara I have ever used! I threw out every other one I had because it is so amazing!

donna (April 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM)  

Thanks for sharing. I need to check the Deep Throat Nars. I've always used Orgasm. I agree on Dior Airflash. Expensive but the best foundation ever.

style fare (April 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM)  

I love beauty posts! I always find the best products via word of mouth, so thanks for sharing - I'm also happy to see the US is getting a flood of BB cream (Korean obsession!!) ;)

t –  (April 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM)  

I'll have to try #2!!

Truly Smitten (April 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM)  

your make up always look so flawless!

Jenna –  (April 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM)  

What lipstick and/or gloss do you use?

dress up files (April 27, 2012 at 7:09 PM)  

Jenna: for dressy occasions, I usually do the smoky eyes with a nude gloss for my lips. I use nars Greek holiday lip gloss. For everyday, good old Chapstick!

Unknown (April 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM)  

Great post, I have never tried ANY of these products! I do have a mini bottle of that MUFE HD Primer somewhere though that I must dig out.

Emma xo
www.fluffandfripperies.com

Unknown (April 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM)  

I have just wandered into the world of BB creams. I really love the one by Garnier.
mommysguiltypleasures.blogspot.com

Unknown (April 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM)  

Great tips!! I have been needing a new mascara I'm going to try Cover girl :)

www.mythriftychic.com

Tanya –  (May 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM)  

If you’re looking for products that don’t have words like petroleum, sodium lauryl sulfate, and polyquaternium-7 on the ingredient list, well then look no further. Amazon Rain products are free of chemicals and preservatives, alcohol, harsh detergents, waxes, mineral oil, lanolin, artificial fragrances and colors. You’d think there was nothing left to put in! Oh that’s right, except just the real, honest, natural, good-for-you stuff. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/JpYrPV

Post a Comment