Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Belated Easter Look

Aritzia top  |  Forever21 skirt  |  J.Crew belt  |  Vera Wang flats
Goyard bag  |  Michael Kors watch  |  Hermes and J.Crew bracelets  |  Ray Ban sunglasses

My sister spotted this eyelet skirt at Forever21 when she was visiting a few weeks ago. I saw it on her and picked one up for myself as well! It's high waist-ed so you can tuck blouses or a chambray button down into it or you can wear it with a peplum top like I did. My top and this skirt had very similar peachy nude colors so I paired them together for a monochromatic look on Easter Sunday.


A spent the night at grandma's house the night before Easter. My mother in law's sister was visiting and took A on a shopping spree. I get a call at night telling me not to bring A clothes for Easter because they bought her something to wear. I show up to the house to pick A up before church and I find a bona fide princess.

 

They bought her the pouffiest dress I've ever seen, matching pink tights, shoes, a cardigan and let's not forget the tiara and magic wand. Because who doesn't need a magic wand for church, right? They also curled her hair into ringlets. I was horrified that they put a hot curling iron close to her head and asked that they never do that again (with a smile on my face.) 

It's an art form I've quite perfected...when the in-laws do something absurd and I have to correct them without stepping on anyone's toes. I tried to get her to take the tiara and wand off before church but she absolutely refused so she pranced into church in all her glory. I was pretty mortified and had to tell anyone who would listen that it was my mother-in-law's doing!

Do any of you have stories about your in-laws? Awkward situations? Funny stories? I'd love to hear them!!

Anonymous –  (April 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM)  

That is hilarious! Unfortunatley my guys parents are both deceased :( Makes me sad my kids dont have them ....but My mom did give my daughter a few hideous outfits so I had no problem telling her "OMG mom NEVER.EVER.AGAIN!"

Jessica Cole (April 24, 2012 at 1:09 PM)  

To be honest my in-laws play it pretty safe, but I have a boy so I'm guessing there is not so much they could do to a boy? But it does make me smile when I pop down the shops on a Saturday - I love the little girls with their daddies who have quite obviously dressed them! Sweet and funny :-)

alison*elle (April 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM)  

Omigosh, I can imagine your embarassment but she really does look adorable in her princess outfit. I love your lace skirt too - what a great find!

xo, alison*elle

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (April 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM)  

Too cute! My mother-in-law is very sweet and tends to pick up items for Madison that I normally wouldn't buy. I let her wear them to daycare! I think that's fair, no? :-)

dress up files (April 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM)  

Hilarious! I also let A wear her hideous outfits to preschool! I told her she can choose what she wears to school but mommy gets to choose when we go out on the weekends! Haha

Ella Pretty Blog (April 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM)  

Love your Aritzia top - so pretty!

A's outfit looks adorable! We've gotten some questionable dresses from relatives (synthetic scary concoctions) - I let my daughter play dress up in them at home ;-P

Ariane (April 24, 2012 at 10:20 PM)  

Dude, that is so awkward all around. She sure looks adorable, though!

Wine and Summer (April 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM)  

Love that princess outfit! And your skirt! I am wearing one just like it today!

Kara (April 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM)  

Your daughter is adorable! Loving the princess dress ;-)

Secondhand Stella (April 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM)  

Pretty skirt. Love the way you styled it!

Geri –  (April 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM)  

Oh my! I would have been mortified too! My niece got christened in a tutu and hideous headband. She was only one an looked totally ridiculous. My sister in law is as bad as my mother in law when it comes to kids' fashion! My mother in law always buys black t-shirts with skulls on tem for my 2 year old. Not appropriate. I like skulls but only the alexander mcqueen type!

Liz (April 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM)  

I love this post, and your little A looks so cute- tiara and wand included. I have a 5 month old son, and my MIL usually plays it safe and gives "Mommy and Me" themed outfits for him so I love them, hehe.

Kay @ Slightly 0bsessed (April 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM)  

She looks adorable (although, I think I may be equally annoyed/embarrassed at what happened). As far as in-law stories go, I could write a trilogy (and I don't have children)!

Anne Meyer (May 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM)  

Perfect dress, I so lurv the skirt.

Muhammad Atif (May 10, 2012 at 6:01 AM)  

Sooooo cute out fits, I really like it.
Freshwater Pearls

Post a Comment