Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Modern Nursery

For those of you who don't know, I just became a mommy about a month ago! It's been an incredible journey so far that I could go on and on about but for the purpose of this blog, I wanted to share some pics of my nursery. It's been featured on ohdeedoh and project nursery.

For our daughter's nursery, we wanted a room high in style but low in budget.
I was definitely going for a contemporary style for the room.

crib: walmart
rug: target
chandelier: urban outfitters

blanket + pillow (EllaJeanGifts etsy store)
bear: from my travels to paris over 7 years ago!


These AMAZING silhouettes were made by my friend, sarah of Truly Smitten.
They are available in her etsy store!


Okay so the one pricier item in the room is this gorgeous Eames chair!
I've been obsessed with it for years and found a used one on Craigs List for $360.
and it was in great condition!!


lovely alphabet print (SycamoreStreetPress etsy store)

The ikea bookshelf we got for $40 on craigslist!!
Notice the lil bird on the lightswitch!

a closer look at the bird


dresser: walmart
sofa bed: bo concept
stroller: quinny buzz (bought new on ebay for $280!)
Can you spot the owl?

There it is!
all wall decals: vinyl wall art

the other side of the room...
I put up these prints that I already owned from AshleyG's etsy store.

I was really happy with how the room turned out and I hope our daughter, A will come to love it as well!

Anonymous –  (March 17, 2009 at 10:52 PM)  

WOW... i was thinking you spent $1,000's on making this room look this beautiful! it truly does belong in a magazines!!

Cupcakes and Cashmere (March 18, 2009 at 9:06 AM)  

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, I'm so glad I could provide some inspiration. This room is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe you stuck within your budgetary guidelines. Soooo pretty!

Anonymous –  (March 21, 2009 at 11:14 AM)  

Such a beautiful nursery! I love all the details. I'm really diggin' silhouettes these days. And the rug, it is simply charming.

Great job!

Anonymous –  (March 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM)  

hi, i love the color of this room.
have you got the RAL code of color?
http://www.themeter.net/ral.htm
thanks
nick

PearlsAndGreenTea (March 26, 2009 at 12:53 AM)  

Nick: I'm not sure what RAL code is but the paint color is Benjamin Moore AC-32 Pismo Dunes. Hope this helps! :)

Anonymous –  (April 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM)  

the hubs & i are also thinking of furnishing our nursery using the baby mod line at wal-mart: we both love the aesthetic & the price is also incredibly appealing as neither of us are willing to pay through the nose. have you been happy with the furniture so far?

PearlsAndGreenTea (April 1, 2009 at 5:04 PM)  

Hi! We've been happy with the furniture so far but...it has only been 7 weeks since our daughter was born. So far, I'm really happy with the purchase. It doesn't look cheap and everything works properly. Hope this helps!~

Bits of Splendor Shop (September 20, 2010 at 11:40 AM)  

Cute nursery, you did a great job putting it together.

Did you like the changing table/dresser combo? I'm on the fence about that one since it is not all wood and I'm partial to wood furniture. However I'm not finding anything similar that I could get to go with the Baby Mod crib.

Post a Comment