Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

From a house...to a home...

The one thing that really makes a house, in my opinion...are the little personal details that make it a home. I love modern furniture but too often, it can come off cold and unwelcoming. I love infusing cute, personal touches to break up the starkness of contemporary style.


Several years ago, I bought these adorable alphabet hooks from Anthropologie. I bought 3: one each for the hubbie and myself to hang up our keys and an additional one for our dog, turtle's leash.

These hooks showed anyone who entered our home that it was a place happily occupied by the 3 of us...that it was our home.

A few weeks ago, I received a gift from a dear friend, C. I figured it would be another adorable onesie or another tiny pair of shoes. But inside the little box was the most perfect gift I could ask for. A symbol of our little girl, A becoming an official member of our happy home.

Nicki's Notebook (March 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM)  

aw these hooks are great, and what a sweet surprise! xx lovely blog btw xx

Anonymous –  (March 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM)  

awww-a really thoughtful gift! i noticed those hooks when i was over there today! :) i had fun with you guys, and i LOVED meeting your cute little girl!

Anonymous –  (March 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM)  

What a thoughtful gift. Am I crazy to ask more about the paint color on your wall?

PearlsAndGreenTea (March 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM)  

beautifulliving: Thanks for your comments on my blog! The paint color here is Benjamin Moore 2134-30 iron mountain. You are not crazy..that's what this blog is for! Please let me know if you have more questions. :)

Anonymous –  (March 23, 2009 at 4:55 PM)  

so cute!! my MOH actually just bought these for me and john for our new apt :)

Jane (March 23, 2009 at 6:28 PM)  

Aw thats so cute! I love the idea of the initials

Click here to visit me at Vintage Tea!

x

Anonymous –  (March 25, 2009 at 12:25 AM)  

how perfect! :)

Post a Comment