Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Baby Bump Style

When i got pregnant, I vowed that I wouldn't turn into a complete shlumpadinka (as oprah likes to say)...or in other words, a frump. It was depressing how little was out there in terms of cute, affordable maternity clothes. I even flirted with the idea of starting my own maternity clothing line that was cheap and trendy (think forever21 or h&m).

I ended up buying non maternity clothes in bigger sizes.
Here are some looks that I made work for me...

DVF wrap dress (Wrap dresses work great! Just tie the ribbon part above your bump!)
Cole Haan nike air nude patent pumps (These shoes have height but are soo comfy!)


fr L-R (me, the bride!, the bm)
12th St by Cynthia Vincent dress in a bigger size. It was a little loose everywhere but tight where my bump was. I made it work with a thin belt above the bump. I plan on getting it altered now that I'm losing the baby weight. I also layered a JCrew cardigan in eggplant over it.

Some maternity fashion tips:
  • belts: tied right above or below the belly bump
  • stretchy non maternity clothing
  • maternity spanx (they exist!!)
  • long cardigans layered over everything
  • form fitting clothes are actually more flattering than huge clothes when pregnant (show off that bump!)

Truly Smitten (March 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM)  

I AGREE! I refuse to look like schlumpadunk when or IF i get pregnant! I want to show off my bump with pride =) - You were such an adorable and fashionable pregnant mom!! OMG you definitely should start a trendy maternity line

Anonymous –  (March 17, 2009 at 10:49 PM)  

WOW, i love this stuff! a trendy forever 21 for preggers is an awesome idea! you ALWAYS made being preggers look GOOD. show off that bump! =)

GraceT (March 18, 2009 at 3:50 AM)  

Jiye, did you have Audrey already? When was this??? You looked absolutely stunning throughout your pregnancy! I wish I had you nearby to call on when I was preggers with all 3 of my kids!

Anonymous –  (March 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM)  

Jiye, you're so cute... I Love fashion, eats and decor too ( and travel..). I'll follow you! :)

Post a Comment