Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Green Tea Shortbread Cookies

picture by Amai Tea & Bake House

Comedian and recent relationship guru Steve Harvey refers to sex as "the cookie" because according to him, "Everybody likes cookies. That's the thing about a cookie. I like oatmeal raisin...but if you've got vanilla cream, I'll eat that too."

I couldn't agree with him more. Cookies are my sweet indulgence of choice and I can never eat just one. Another weakness of mine is anything with green tea, which explains the title of this blog. So when my sister told me about this Green Tea Shortbread Cookie recipe, I just knew it would be perfection!

Get the recipe here:
Green Tea Sweets Recipe by Amai Tea & Bake House

I love how the cookies look with the leaf cookie cutter but if you don't own one, here's what I did. Take an empty aluminum foil box and line it with parchment paper (so the dough doesn't stick) and then press the dough into the box. Carefully pull out the long rectangular dough with the parchment paper and refrigerate it. After it hardens a bit, cut the dough into slices so they are little squares. It's actually a lot faster/easier than rolling it out and cutting each cookie out of the dough separately.

Here are mine prior to baking...

I had a lot of extra cookies so I packaged some to give away to friends. I always have clear glassine bags and tons of pretty ribbon on hand. Really, that's all you need to make an attractive packaging for your sweet treats! And it feels so much more special than cookies dumped in a ziploc bag or tupperware. Happy Baking!

Truly Smitten (March 27, 2009 at 7:09 AM)  

Oooh!!! thanks for the recipe! I love anything and everything with green tea as well =)

christiana (March 27, 2009 at 11:26 AM)  

looks freaking tasty! i might just make my first batch of cookies for the hubs~

Hana Choi (March 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM)  

I'm definitely trying these soon! I have some matcha I've been looking to use up, perfect! So pretty for spring too!! :)

Anonymous –  (March 28, 2009 at 8:26 PM)  

Oh my, such a pretty cookie. I'm not one to drink green tea but perhaps I need to start eating green tea cookies.

Post a Comment