Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mixing high end and high street


My fashion (and decor philosophy for that matter) has always been to mix and match. Mix and match an H&M tank with J brand jeans, a new trendy dress with a vintage Dior clutch...

Each season, I decide which trends will work for me. Then, I find those trends with price tags that won't make you cringe. My go-to places are Forever21, H&M, Akira (local to Chicago), Target, Urban Outfitters, and I'm a little ashamed to say but yes, BP (the juniors department of Nordstroms).

The key to shopping at these places without looking like you do....is to mix and match with more high end, quality pieces. These are classic staples that you can wear again and again (or "ah-gane" as Jill on the Bachelor likes to say) ...things like jeans, great cardigans for layering, a well fitted trench, shoes and handbags.

So to put all this jibber jabber into practice...

Mini florals in sheer fabrics were big last spring/summer and are back this year. Here's how I made it work. (disclaimer: Sorry these pics are not showing the outfits well...I took these last year before this blog. Also, I was pregnant in both these pics so again, ideas for how to dress with a belly bump!)

Target dress, Old Navy Belt, Chloe Edith handbag

Forever21 Tank, American Apparel leggings, Chanel classic flap bag

Unknown (March 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM)  

will u please be my stylist?

Unknown (March 24, 2009 at 1:01 AM)  

hello :)

yes it is I.

I got that dress from fashionjunkee.com?
i'm looking forward to more posts!

Truly Smitten (March 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM)  

good mixes! I need to go shopping....

christiana (March 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM)  

you've always been such a good teacher w/ not spending too much money on trends!

Unknown (March 25, 2009 at 4:01 AM)  

Its a great philosophy to mix high end and high street.
Nice stumbling upon your blog=]

Post a Comment