Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Look & A Dish

On Mommy: Aritzia floral tank & sweatshirt, J brand jeans, Pour La Victoire boots, Louis Vuitton bag, Hermes & J.Crew bracelets, Cartier watch
On A: Target polka dot sweater, DKNY jeggings, Old Navy boots

Chicken Marsala Pasta
My friend, T's recipe featuring portobella mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and lots of heavy cream. It's super hearty and perfectly appropriate for a cozy night in on a cold winter day. If anyone wants the recipe, leave me your email address!

While walking on the icy sidewalk yesterday, I fell while holding A for the 2nd time. We were both okay but there was a serious casualty: my favorite Joe's ponte pants (shown here)! I've really had it with this freezing weather. I've been feeling uninspired to dress up with all the ice and snow piled up outside and all I seem to look forward to is food. Sadly, this has led to my annual winter weight gain. 

Does anyone else gain weight around this time each year? Any tips for staying active and inspired despite this horrible weather?

Tales of a young mamma (February 7, 2011 at 9:06 AM)  

Me me meeeee! I So want that recipe. Looks delish. I Love a good pasta dish! And both of you look adorable.

I'm the same way, it's been so freakin cold lately all I have wanted to wear is jeans a sweatshirts.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons (February 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM)  

Creamy pasta with mushrooms is one of my ultimate favorites =) You're right -- total comfort food!!!!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Anonymous –  (February 7, 2011 at 9:38 AM)  

post recipe s'il vous plaƮt!

i'm also feeling quite lazy.. my gym runs have been reduced from 5x a week to 2x. and my gym is literally across the street from me. sigh!

the best way i stay motivated is when i get those VS catalogs in the mail and realize: bikini season is *only* a few months away!

Fashionista Extraordinaire (February 7, 2011 at 9:44 AM)  

I too would love the recipe!!! Please send to toniwills@gmail.com and check me out @ mymommiescloset.blogspot.com I too am a mom of a toddler and love fashion, food, and all things fun!! Love your blog! Keep up the great work!

Elle (February 7, 2011 at 9:47 AM)  

I would lOVE the chicken marsala recipe (v-day is almost here and I need all the help I can get!)

Love your PLV boots, they look terrific with the rest of your outfit and your little girl is TOO TOO CUTE!

Melissa (February 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM)  

Oh my word, that photo is gorgeous! Your daughter is so stinkin' adorable and you just look stunning!

I'm glad to hear that you're okay after your fall. That must be so scary to fall while holding your little girl!

Anonymous –  (February 7, 2011 at 10:07 AM)  

Ahh, adorable...AND drool, much?

xo,
joAnn

Gina –  (February 7, 2011 at 10:23 AM)  

Glad you're both okay--would love the recipe!

style fare (February 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM)  

You don't have to ask me twice, send please!! (I've been relying on Giada's chicken mascarpone marsala recipe, check it out if you haven't already)

I hope you two don't have a big mung on your tushies today. :(

Monroe Steele (February 7, 2011 at 12:24 PM)  

oh my she is soooo adorable and that pasta looks amazing...my mouth is watering

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Victoria (February 7, 2011 at 2:44 PM)  

Beautiful mom and cute daughter!

Squeeze the Pug (February 7, 2011 at 3:26 PM)  

Your little girl is so cute.


Squeeze The Pug
www.pehsun.blogspot.com

AubreyOhDang! (February 7, 2011 at 4:45 PM)  

a.dang.ms@gmail.com

can I get you to send me the recipe for this? Thanks!

dr.mommy (February 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM)  

i am so sick of this weather, too!!! how many more months do we have to suffer? :( pasta looks yummy... can you send the recipe to my hubs? hehe ;)

Anonymous –  (February 7, 2011 at 8:05 PM)  

Gaining weight is par for the course at winter (or so I tell myself). Comcast has a lot of exercise shows On Demand. I've been doing one of Jillian Michaels work out and although I cannot walk today it will be worth it in the end.

Brittney (February 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM)  

you look awesome. seriously. hard-core AWESOME. and i'm in love with how cute your daughter is, clutching her little stuffed lovey there. so sweet.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer)

Health Monitor (February 8, 2011 at 11:33 AM)  

Looks Delish! Did you know that you can get the Cooking Channel, Food Network, and the Travel Channel in HD with your DISH Network subscription? FREE! Just call into customer service at 800.333.3474. DISH Offers more HD and for FREE than DIRECTV. DISH it up at dish.com.

D Dierks (February 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM)  

You both look so pretty. Love the casual chic of your outfit. The pasta looks great too! :)

Alyssa (February 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM)  

the pasta looks amazing! anything with mushrooms is perfect in my book! you and your daughter make such a fashionable team!

Stylepint (February 8, 2011 at 3:38 PM)  

You look so chic and relaxed and your daughter is adorable! =)

Amy (February 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM)  

The pasta dish looks delicious! We've been trying to cook at home more and take advantage of the Farmer's Market, but I haven't been as inspired (i.e., lazy) to cook. Until I saw your post! Please send a recipe to amypnguyen.84@gmail.com :)

As for the winter weight gain, I totally understand how you feel. I have been wearing black tights since all of my pants are {a tad} too tight around the thighs and waist! Dancing to my favorite YouTube songs have helped.

oomph. (February 8, 2011 at 7:10 PM)  

your daughter is adorable! yes, serious weight gain. plus i get home from work late & it's rainy season....so i'ts even harder to get out of the house to exercise.

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Roxy Te (February 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM)  

yes, yes, and yes to this awful winter weight gain! So glad you and A are okay..she is seriously getting cuter by the day. p.s. p.s Thanks so much for wishing me luck! I hope to bring you the utterly and utmost fabulous..fingers crossed it all works out ;)

this free bird (February 9, 2011 at 2:35 AM)  

i'm super sick and just got your message on the white challenge. can you throw a post together for thursday (as in tomorrow?) if so would love to have you!! email me at carrieonnn(at)gmail(dot)com

also - i do love that j.crew vest. it fits like a glove. tried it on thinking it wouldn't and decided to take the plunge. did the same thing w/a military jacket from there almost 3 years ago before anyone was really wearing them and i've had so many people ask about that jacket.

just imagine that vest with a ruffly dress beneath? DONE!

xoxo,
carrie

Finley (February 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM)  

Mmmm! Yes, please send recipe! I just made the easiest creamy pasta w/ scallions and prosciutto yesterday. 15 min total and that included checking emails!

<a href="mommy-chic.blogspot.com>Mommy Chic blog</a>

Justine (February 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM)  

That pasta looks super yummy!

I'm so glad to hear you and A are OK. Sounds like you might need some snowboots?

Just Better Together
come check out my new giveaway

dianne (February 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM)  

that looks fantastic! especially since its hit the negative temps here in the south.
can you email me the recipe. Thanks, Btw i love your outfit..so chic yet simple

oh.tz.di@gmail.com

christiana (February 11, 2011 at 1:12 PM)  

i just die when i see her cute lil outfits.. love her jeggings!! and you look so sexy!

The Diligent Diletante (February 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM)  

love that sweater!!!! where can i find that brand??? and as a new reader to your blog, i am totally gonna agree with everyone and say how adorable your mini-me is....mini-fashionista in training =)

Anonymous –  (May 2, 2011 at 12:47 PM)  

Hi
I would love that pasta dish receipe.
Lilyt@msi.com
Thanks!

Blogger (December 2, 2016 at 3:22 AM)  

JacobTime sells authentic luxury brand name watches, with some watches listed with a MAJOR discount.

Post a Comment