Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vday Recap

On Saturday, we took A to the Valentines Dance at the park. Here's their first official father/daughter dance. It was such a sweet moment.

We took pictures at this "photo booth", boogied down with our friends, and ate way too much at the chocolate fondue table. Overall, it was a blast, especially considering it was free!
(Aritzia lace top, Club Monaco cardigan, American Eagle jeans, Aldo boots)

On Valentines Day, A and I made a gift for Appa (Dad in Korean). Now who wouldn't want a beautiful bouquet of hearts? Never mind that the vase is a toilet paper roll wrapped in foil or the stems are wooden chopsticks. ;) and Yes, she is wearing her princess dress (one of her bday gifts). She basically hasn't taken it off since she got it and yes, she's even worn it out several times.

As for hubbie and I, I have to say we're kind of over celebrating Valentines. It's so romantic when you're dating, and still fun after you get married, but once you have kids, it's just too much of an effort to find a sitter, make reservations and go all out. I didn't expect anything at all and didn't mind in the least when he surprised me with these macarons (my fave!). It's honestly these unexpected moments of thoughtfulness that get me the most. I love this man. 

What did you do for V-Day? Those of you with kids, do you still celebrate or are you over it too? I'm so curious to hear where other parents stand...

geri –  (February 16, 2011 at 7:56 AM)  

So over valentine's day! We just give each other cards and that's it. Love your blog by the way, so glad I discovered it :)

Banhannas (February 16, 2011 at 8:11 AM)  

I keep alarming my bf whenever I talk about how much I want kids. LOL. I absolutely adore that little dress on your daughter! She has great taste for giving it a good wear. I'm not too big on Valentine's Day either, just too bitter from all of my youthful days thinking my crush will magically give me a rose or something.

style fare (February 16, 2011 at 9:10 AM)  

That father-daughter dance is too precious, I'm glad you caught it. :)

How nice of Ray to get you the macarons, your favorite! ;)

PS: I'm going to send you something princess-related that I found funny...

Melissa (February 16, 2011 at 9:43 AM)  

The picture of them dancing is so utterly adorable. I love how her feet are off the ground! What a perfect shot!

My daughter (courtesy of my parents) gave me a glass vase with a glass rose. :)

Anonymous –  (February 16, 2011 at 10:20 AM)  

that father-daughter dance is SO SO CUTE! your husband is such a sweetheart :)
we don't have kids yet but we just do a casual dinner for v-day...it's not usually a big deal. i bet it'll be even less of a big deal once we do have kids!

xo,
joAnn

Gina –  (February 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM)  

Your daughter is so cute and that father-daughter dance is just precious!

We don't have any kids, but we've been over the whole V-day thing for a while--we got tired of crowded restaurants, rushed service, etc. We will usually just make a nice dinner at home or if we do go out we'll do so a few nights before or after. This year I made dinner (spicy chicken and creamy risotto to cut the heat) and my husband made dessert (gooey chocolate pudding cake) so it was a joint effort. :-)

Drew (February 16, 2011 at 10:37 AM)  

Very cute! Love that she wears the princess dress out! We don't have kids but our valentines are very low key and it mostly depends on if we remember it or not. This year we were on vacation the week before so we remembered and got each other a little something (I got a hot hugs dog for when he works overnight calls and he got Fable I since he loves to wax poetic about it)

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne (February 16, 2011 at 10:40 AM)  

Such a precious moment of your husband and A!! And the family pic at the photo booth is so cute too.

I wasn't expecting dinner this year because we have our daughter, but my husband secretly made dinner plans so that was pretty sweet of him to still remember to celebrate Valentine... luckily I have my mother to watch over our baby so having a night out is not as difficult. But I think next year we will celebrate v-day altogether as a family. :)

curls-and-pearls (February 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM)  

Oh this is so adorable! I think honestly this is what V-day should be about - spending time with family :) I always thought it should be more for kids anyway!

christiana (February 16, 2011 at 11:40 AM)  

A and Ray look so happy in the father and daughter dance! V-day is just an excuse to get romantic! if it weren't for holidays like that i probably wouldn't get any romance :)

Ella Pretty Blog (February 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM)  

A looks like a little doll in the princess dress pic! Awww - so cute!

Love your Aritzia lace top - I want one!

I agree about Valentine's day being a big effort - and hubby's birthday is in Jan - and I always plan something big for that - so it seems too exhausting to plan something again in Feb LOL!

But I do make sure hubby gets me flowers and gifts - my mom told me it's important to keep hubbies trained, so they don't take us for granted...ha!

This year hubby got me pink roses, chocolate and toffee covered apples (to share with the kiddies)- and he wants to just get me the Balenciaga bag I'm saving for - but I think I want to get a keyholder from Louis Vuitton - because I'm still not sure what colour/style B bag I want.

GraceT –  (February 16, 2011 at 1:18 PM)  

mostly we go out to dinner and jack usually surprises me with chocolate & card, and gets the kids involved in the whole process. but for the first time in our eight years of marriage, i surprised him with a couples' spa treatment & dinner :). i felt it was a well-deserved treat for the both of us!

and you guys are such a beautiful family! love your look too!

coolkids (February 16, 2011 at 3:05 PM)  

adorable! Did she turn 2?
Yes, valentine's day has changed a lot now that we are parents. Its more about the kids and we love that. We ordered heart shape pizzas from Lou's!

C (February 16, 2011 at 4:21 PM)  

What a fun Valentine's day. A dancing with your hubby is such a cute picture. She didn't ask to stand on his feet so he can twirl her around? :)

this free bird (February 16, 2011 at 5:08 PM)  

I love this post - my friends do the same w/their daughter. once a month hubs takes her on a date. they've been doing it for a couple years and she is totally schooled on how a boy should treat her: open the door for her and the whole nine. it's adorable!!

your daughter is a little button!

xo,
c

sharon sf –  (February 16, 2011 at 11:16 PM)  

u guys r seriously the cutest family !! p.s. i am really feeling ur distressed jeans & boots :)

Squeeze the Pug (February 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM)  

Oh, this is so sweet... and as usual your little girl is so adorable.

Pam (February 18, 2011 at 4:51 PM)  

Your little girl is so sweet!

I don't celebrate Valentines day because my relationship anniversary with my fiance is the day after. Seems kind of silly to be celebrating twice.
However it is nice to get unexpected gifts.

Post a Comment