Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mixing Prints

On Mommy: Target gingham shirt, Banana Republic leopard cardigan (from years ago), Joe's jeans, Pour La Victoire boots, J.Crew and Nashelle necklace, Louis Vuitton bag
On A: Roxy sweater, Target leggings, Old Navy boots

To keep this mixed print look clean and easy on the eyes, I stuck to the same color scheme. The animal print sweater and the gingham shirt are in varying shades of the color gray. As a result, the look is subdued but with enough visual interest created by the two prints.


Did anyone see the Oscars? Who did you think was best dressed? Were you happy or disappointed with the winners? Let's discuss!

style fare (February 28, 2011 at 7:01 AM)  

omg, Cate Blanchett took my breath away!!! Jennifer Lawrence was also beautiful. Who was your favorite?

Fashionista Extraordinaire (February 28, 2011 at 9:53 AM)  

Hey there! I absolutely adored Gwenyth Paltrow's gold dress! It looked like liquid perfection and she accessorized with perfection! She was number one, with Jennifer Hudson, Halle Berry, and Cate Blanchett all coming in a very close 2nd!! They all looked amazing and I was pleased with Natalie's look this time, cuz I loathed the Globes pink monster!

Monroe Steele (February 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM)  

I love those boots. I think Halle Berry looked stunning

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Anonymous –  (February 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM)  

love A's little sweater! my fave was mila kunis...i also loved gwyneth and hailee but i didn't like the random brooch on gwyneth's dress...

xo,
joAnn

Lilly Style (February 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM)  

Love mixing prints! I almost wore a gingham shirt with my print sweater but last minute decided on stripes. You and A look great!

Halle Berry looked stunning as always!

dr.mommy (February 28, 2011 at 2:01 PM)  

Mila Kunis & Halle Berry were my faves. Natalie Portman looked great preggers, too! Sadly Witherspoon was not shining as usual. What about u? Wish I saw the red carpet! Our neighbor was there - so jealous!

Melissa (February 28, 2011 at 4:06 PM)  

You're both adorable! I know I say that every week but seriously, you ARE! I love the pattern mixing in this outfit, the two smaller prints work perfectly together. Awesome!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Banhannas (February 28, 2011 at 5:18 PM)  

Did you do something different with your makeup? You look great! Love the plaid and the animal print together it looks so good!

Hayley (February 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM)  

LOVE the mix of prints! and Mrs portman in purple was my FAV! loved all the rich colors though well and the pale shimmers too!

Lindsay (February 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM)  

Your daughter is adorable!

I love the way that shirt looks with the cardigan - the mixing of the prints looks surprisingly good together. Not something I would normally think of, but I really like it!

dress up files (March 1, 2011 at 7:23 AM)  

Banhannas: Same makeup routine. :)

Oscar picks: I agree with a lot of you. My #1 pick was Halle Berry too. I audibly gasped the first time I saw her! I also loved Cate Blanchett (the yellow was genius!) and Mila Kunis (loved the peekaboo lace and the silhouette!)

Anonymous –  (March 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM)  

I like your combination of patterns! Makes basic pieces interesting and new again! Great idea!
Wondering what camera you use?

Oh, I also love that necklace. How long ago did you buy it? Think it's still available?

dress up files (March 1, 2011 at 3:00 PM)  

Anonymous: Thanks! I use the canon s95 and love it!! I got the necklace maybe 6 months ago? I don't think they sell it anymore but not sure. Hope you find it! I love it!!

Ella Pretty Blog (March 1, 2011 at 5:46 PM)  

Hi Jiye - I tagged your blog for an "8 most worn" post - would love to read your answers:

http://ellaprettyblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/louis-vuitton-love-and-8-most-worn-tag.html

Craftiness NOW (March 5, 2011 at 1:43 PM)  

nice mix, i need to learn how to mix prints up! mila kunis's dress was my favorite, romantic, feminine and such a gorgeous shade with her skin tone.

Paola Sing (March 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM)  

Gwyneth was my fave in Calvin Klein! I have a great give away going on! Follow me to be the lucky winner! XOXO

Post a Comment