Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

And we're back!

Chicago was hit with a LEGEN..wait for it..DARY blizzard this week. Here's what the outside of our condo looked like afterward. Our internet was also in and out for the last couple of days, which explains the lack of posts this week.

The day of the blizzard, all schools and work were canceled. So, hubbie, A and I were home bound the entire day! Luckily, I had stocked up on groceries so we spent the day cooking, eating and just spending time together. Truthfully, I really enjoyed our family time!

For breakfast, hubbie whipped up this sausage, egg and veggie skillet. Yumm-o!

A got heart shaped turkey sandwiches with cucumber and hummus for lunch. We were still stuffed from the skillet.

For dinner, I tried out a recipe for Soy Braised Ginger Chicken from the Week of Menus blog. The recipe was super easy and not to toot my own horn (toot toot) but it was delicious! If you haven't tried making Korean food at home, start here. Easy and really tasty!

Then, when the snow finally stopped coming down, we took A outside for some fun in the snow! She loved it after being cooped up all day!

I'm still smiling here after getting pushed into a huge mountain of snow by the hubbs. My entire right side was soaked but at least A got a huge laugh out of it.

Were any of you stranded at home? How did you spend your day?

sarah lee (February 4, 2011 at 8:43 AM)  

omg, so much snow!!! food looks awesome, and audrey seemed to have too much fun in the snow! wish i was there:)

style fare (February 4, 2011 at 9:06 AM)  

yum! looks like you had a wonderful snow day, love the <3-shaped sandwiches, so sweet. :)

ray should bust out the cast iron more often!!

Anonymous –  (February 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM)  

OMG! how CUTE is your family? i kind of miss snow days now that i'm on the west coast!

xo,
joAnn

milk tea + polkadots (February 4, 2011 at 10:01 AM)  

Did you sprinkle something red on A's sandwiches? They're so cute!

Ooh, I've never heard of that cooking blog before. That looks delicious! I just checked out the blog. I found a few recipes I want to try already!

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne (February 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM)  

Omigoodness! I am so making those heartshape sandwiches for my daughter when she can eat. (We just started her on solids two weeks ago... still got a long way to go, haha.)

A is super cute! Glad you enjoyed family time! (That reminds me... I need to cook more :)

coolkids (February 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM)  

We had fun too! We went outside and played. We even went to our neighbors for soem pizza and fun! thecoolkidsblog.com

sunny –  (February 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM)  

i'm intrigued by a's lunch. what are those purple jewel-like things on the bread? i did not get this kind of food growing up in the philippines. i will expect heart-shaped sandwiches from you the next time i visit.

and i love your evening gown photos!!

marcela (February 4, 2011 at 3:37 PM)  

are you guys sweet or what??? :)
having fun in the snow or not much?

http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

Tina Chong (February 4, 2011 at 6:25 PM)  

wow, audrey and you are twins. She's so adorable!

Hope you're staying warm out there. I can't even imagine how cold it is..

Also, I made soy braised ginger chicken from week of menus a few times too. It's the only thing I can confidently whip up! I see that you added in potatoes. Great idea!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking (February 4, 2011 at 7:05 PM)  

The food looks great and the pictures are so cute!Boy you all really got the snow! I am so ready for Spring!

dr.mommy (February 4, 2011 at 7:29 PM)  

how fun! i wish K would eat like A! everything looks yummy!!

Monroe Steele (February 4, 2011 at 7:46 PM)  

OMG that food looks so delicious! She is too cute too

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Finley (February 5, 2011 at 12:04 AM)  

YUM - all of the food looks SO GOOD. That breakfast is perfect for a cold snow day and I'm going to try the chicken! I love Korean food, but have never attempted to make it myself. Except bulgolki, but adding a marinade from a jar doesn't really count. :)

Mommy Chic

lee140 –  (February 5, 2011 at 3:32 AM)  

kodak perfect!

just out of curiosity, what is the red on the darling heart shaped sandwiches?? you guys are way too cute.

Squeeze the Pug (February 5, 2011 at 5:37 AM)  

The two of you are TOO Cute! So much snow. It was like that in United Kingdom about one and a half month ago. Freezing!

keep the posts coming please!

www.pehsun.blogspot.com
(also known as Squeeze The Pug)

connie (February 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM)  

can i eat at your house? i'll bring my own utensils and plate.

Pam (February 6, 2011 at 4:40 AM)  

England has been snow free unfortunately, I say unfortunately because I love the snow.
That skillet and the ginger chicken looks divine I want to try cooking both because they look delicious!

KK (February 7, 2011 at 3:50 PM)  

i love that you gave a shout out to Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother in your post. He's my fave! Glad you guys survived Snowpacolypse or whatever they're calling it. I have a ton of friends in Chicago who agreed it was "legendary." :)

christiana (February 11, 2011 at 1:17 PM)  

that skillet looks amazing! go ray! i love how bundled up A is.. you're a good mommy :)

Post a Comment