Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fancy meets Dingy

Zara t-shirt  |  BCBG vest (similar)  |  Aritzia pants  |  Forever21 necklace (similar)
BCBG vest (similar)  |  Aritzia coat  |  Tory Burch shoes  |  Goyard bag


Here we have the classic fancy necklace meets worn in t-shirt story.  It's a look I've been wearing nonstop (like here) and as always, I love a good contradiction when it comes to fashion. 

fancy + fancy = boring and predictable
fancy + dingy = interesting & fun!

Okay, enough math for today.  I tucked the t-shirt into my old harem pants (inspired by Psy, who was inspired by M.C.Hammer...is it just me or was that performance a riot?)  I also added a sweater vest for some movement and/or to hide my muffin top if we're being completely honest here.  Topped the whole thing off with the most classic double breasted tan peacoat.  So now we have...

fancy + dingy + classic = synergy!

BTW...Homeland viewers, we just finished the first season and are 2 episodes into the 2nd season, it is RIDICULOUSLY good...I can't stop watching!!

Diana Teodoro (November 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM)  

That vest is gorgeous!:)
Love,
Diana from http://thegirlwhocouldntbeafashionista.blogspot.ie/

susie l –  (November 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM)  

Wait til you get caught up! I used to just watch it in passing when sj had it on in the background, but I couldn't tear my eyes away!

I like the vest. But I'm too pansy to try the pants. :)

christiana (November 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM)  

you look so cute! those pants are the only thing i fit into after having a baby.. gotta love high-waisted

christiana (November 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM)  

also the coat fits you perfectly!! i'm still looking for a winter coat..

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (November 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM)  

Love the look, great pieces. I totally loved Psy and MC Hammer's performance, hilarious. Madison can't get enough of Gangnam style.

BTW, you look awesome - what muffin top!

SHOP STYLE CONQUER (November 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM)  

gorgeous outfit! i love the colours in this look, great styling

x

♥ Ellen
SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

Ana (November 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM)  

You look so comfortable and I am so jealous of your Goyard bag. I wear sweaters to try to hide my muffin top, too! :) We don't watch Homeland yet, but so many people love it that I've added it to our queue.

FlyingPurpleHippos.com (November 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM)  

Cute outfit; I love t-shirts with statement necklaces.

Unknown (November 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM)  

Your skin looks amazing and love the hair in a bun! Great coat :)

Melrose@rRugby shirts (November 30, 2012 at 1:32 AM)  

You have a glowing skin. I love it. Your coat really matches with you.

Unknown (November 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM)  

Gorgeous look, love the coat!
thanks for dropping by my blog hun, love your style. how would you like to follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin?

http://anmari-ish.blogspot.com

Jack Jones UK (December 12, 2012 at 2:06 AM)  

I love the colour combination of your dress. Aritzia pants matches your height well.

Post a Comment