Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Alexander Wang Rockie Bag


$795


I've been wanting a small-ish but still roomy cross body bag for awhile now.  The Chanel WOC I have is great but it can only hold my phone and maybe a lipgloss before it feels like it's going to pop open.  Actually, speaking of the WOC...mine kept popping open even when barely anything was inside.  I had to bring it back to Saks to have it fixed and they said it would take 4-6 months! What a bummer.  Anyone with a WOC have similar issues? I know several girls that have WOC's whose button closures seem to be working fine.

Anywhoo, that's neither here nor there.  So, I've been wanting a cross body for when I'm post diaper carrying days and also a cute enough bag to travel with that can serve as a multi-purpose bag.   

After some browsing online, I came across the Alexander Wang Rockie.  I've always loved the Rocco but found it slightly too large and heavy.  The Rockie is the mini version of the Rocco and it is adorable!  I love the heavy pebbled leather, the studs, the cute rounded zip closure, the detachable strap and the list goes on.  But....when I finally found THE bag for me a few months ago, it was completely sold out everywhere in black.  After months of waiting, stores finally restocked and guess who has it? 

Shopbop.com got it in and with their no tax ($80 savings!) + free 2 day shipping? It was a no brainer! 

I just got it in last night and snapped this quick pic before heading out to bible study just to show you what it looks like on.  It's so versatile.  You can wear it on your wrist, cross body, on the shoulder (as pictured) or just hand carry it.  I can see myself wearing this bag with a chic black pencil skirt and heels to dinner but then just as easily, throw it over jeans and a t-shirt to run errands.  Can you tell I'm really into my new bag??  LOVE!!

Anonymous –  (August 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM)  

I used to have the laser cut Rocco, but sold it when I found a Rockie I liked. I picked up the Rockie a couple of months ago in Mercury and I love it! Your bag looks great on you!

t –  (August 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM)  

Great find!! Love the size!

Unknown (August 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM)  

GORGEOUS!!!! Perfect for day and night.

www.fashion-a-holic.com

Namibia Safaris (August 6, 2013 at 4:19 AM)  

I like this bag very much. It is nice to use for official and casual usages.

dress up files (August 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM)  

Jessy: Mercury's a great color! I'm so glad to hear you love yours..reaffirms that i chose the right bag!

t: seriously...the size is perfect! small and cute but holds a lot!

Janet: You should add one to your gigantic collection!!

s: You do?? Great minds think alike!!

Namibia: I agree...very versatile!

mrsfonz (August 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM)  

Just wanted to say that I totally ran to Barneys & bought this bag after seeing you. You are a style-maker!!

dress up files (August 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM)  

mrsfonz: yay! i hope you'll love it as much as I do. Hey, if you want, you should return it to Barneys and buy it from shopbop here. I linked it for you below. No tax and free shipping so you can save like $70-$80!

http://bit.ly/15b4sAK

mrsfonz (August 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM)  

Thanks so much for the link! While Shopbop is my go-to, I really wanted to get the version w/ pale gold hardware (it was available only in Barney's or the Alexander Wang store). Annoying but feel a little better when I sport the bag, LOL!

dress up files (August 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM)  

mrs fonz: Totally get it! I actually wanted the silver hardware and it was available online at nordstrom but not at shopbop. I ended up getting the one I got from shopbop and let go of the silver to save the $80. I still love it either way though! haha! Are you loving it so far??

Post a Comment