Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vote for your Favorite Dress!

I told you all here that I have a black tie event coming up. Thank you for all your advice! I decided to go with floor length. Gina made a great point that since this is our first year attending, it's better to play it safe and scope out the scene for next year.

I scoured Rent The Runway for floor length gowns and I was pretty disappointed with their options. I didn't love any of the dresses enough to pay $100-$200 to rent for 1 night. Then, I considered getting a J.Crew Arabelle dress using a discount code but it would still be over $250. 

So, today I decided to check out Nordstrom Rack and Saks Off Fifth and jackpot! Found two cute and affordable dresses! Which one should I wear?

Dress 1: Lavender 5/48 by Saks ($87)
Dress 2: White BCBG ($52)




Okay...I cannot tell a lie. After re-trying them on to take these pics, I already decided on the one that I'm planning to wear but I'd still love to hear your opinions! Please vote!

Angela –  (December 22, 2010 at 5:35 AM)  

Lavender!!!

Anonymous –  (December 22, 2010 at 5:48 AM)  

I think the white one compliments your shape the best. Plus it looks like you'll be able to walk in it more comfortably.

Summer (December 22, 2010 at 6:32 AM)  

I like the white one the best!

FashionableAsians (December 22, 2010 at 6:58 AM)  

love the lavender color but the white dress looks better on you! Gorgeous!

Catherine (December 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM)  

They both look great on you, but I like the close up of the lavender better. It looks like more expensive material. On the other hand, the white is fitted through your waist, which is very flattering. Oh, I'm not help at all! Regardless, you'll be the belle of the ball in either of these. You can't really go wrong.

Katie (December 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM)  

Hands down, lavender. The white dress is too bridal. Plus, the lavender compliments your shape better :)

Pauline –  (December 22, 2010 at 7:03 AM)  

Ooh tough choice. Both look great, but I love the shilouette of the lavender dress!

Closet Fashionista (December 22, 2010 at 7:12 AM)  

Oooh I looove the lavender one best! But they are both sooo pretty :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Bianca (December 22, 2010 at 7:19 AM)  

This is soooo difficult! The white is gorgeous, sexy, old hollywood starlett, but the lavender is soft, romantic, greek goddess. I do love the way the lavender flows from the waist like perfection...

http://alittlewhitemouse.blogspot.com/

Elle (December 22, 2010 at 7:41 AM)  

Dress one is definitely the winner - I love the soft lilac color and the lovely pleats.

Secondhand Stella (December 22, 2010 at 8:03 AM)  

Ooooo, they are both really pretty! I love the white one, but it reminds me a bit of a wedding dress so I would go w/ the purple.

Pam @ over50feeling40 (December 22, 2010 at 8:08 AM)  

Both are beautiful...but I think Dress #2 is stunning and when you enter the room, this dress would cause heads to turn.

dr.mommy (December 22, 2010 at 8:34 AM)  

Lavender! Very romantic and pretty! I love long dresses that flow as u walk and the lavender one looks like it would do that! All eyes will be on you! ;)

elvira –  (December 22, 2010 at 9:20 AM)  

you look great either way, but my vote is lavendar!

Rebecca (December 22, 2010 at 9:30 AM)  

The white BCBG dress is so glamorous. It fits you perfectly, flatters you wonderfully and the color compliments your skin tone! Dress #2!!

coolkids (December 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM)  

both are awesome. Great finds! I vote white.

In Kinsey's Closet (December 22, 2010 at 9:34 AM)  

Dress one! The other one looks a bit bridal. I love the lavender color, it looks so beautiful on you!

Sophia (December 22, 2010 at 9:34 AM)  

dress #1 you seriously look like you could go to the golden globes and fit in with all the celebs. So fun!
sisters4saymoreismore.blogspot.com

Unknown (December 22, 2010 at 9:37 AM)  

ooo... so hard, you look kind of amazing in both! the white dress kind of jumps out at me so i vote dress #2 but seriously the purple is AMAZING too.. you have gorgeous taste and what AMAZING prices on those dresses! wow!

~selina

Truly Smitten (December 22, 2010 at 10:05 AM)  

definitely lavendar! love the flowiness of it!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons (December 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM)  

I love them both on you! Great finds!!!!

I want to say the lavender though? maybe the white! ahhh! I hope you're keeping both of them ;)


xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

temi –  (December 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM)  

I agree that the lavender looks nicer upclose, but I vote white! The lavender is more romantic, while the white is more glamourous.

I'd have to disagree with the lavender being more figure flattering on you. I think the white highlights your awesome figure, while the lavender hides it!

Mama Slice (December 22, 2010 at 10:47 AM)  

At first glance I thought, lavendar all the way. But when you see the way the white fits on you, it's very complimentary to your shape. I agree that the lavender doesn't do your body justice even though it's beautiful. The white is an eye popper!

Anonymous –  (December 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM)  

White wins for the following reasons:

- Fabric looks like a better quality, doesn't seem to wrinkle easily whereas I noticed wrinkles on the lavender (or maybe its just the angle of the photo)
- Love the way the layers/bands of fabric adds dimension/shape to the dress and makes you appear slimmer than you already are!
- Color pops out from a distance, you'd def be noticed from the other side of the room. The lavender recedes in the dark or a crowd of ppl

Cant wait to find out which one you decided to go with!

TheBabyMammaChronicles (December 22, 2010 at 11:18 AM)  

Both look gorgeous on you but I think I'd go with the white. Can't wait to find out which you chose!

Whitney J (December 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM)  

thanks for saying hi! i loooooove the color of that lavender dress, but both are beautiful. can't wait to see which one you choose! :)

Linda (December 22, 2010 at 11:37 AM)  

You look stunning in both- I can see why it was hard to choose between the two! I am a huge fan of your blog- you have amazing style!

Bedbug Lady (Ha!) –  (December 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM)  

Personally, I'd go with the lavender dress and rock it/style it up (like I know you will) with an eye-catching necklace and some bracelets. As some other commentators have already pointed out, the white is bridal. Don't get me wrong, I'm all over winter white and wearing a color that's unexpected, but the tiers near the bottom of the white dress just aren't as flattering as near the waistline. Last, the white looks almost as if it's just a touch too short for you? Okay, I've made my case and I know you'll look great in any event, good luck!

Kristen (December 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM)  

Dress one! It's so feminine and soft and looks so much pricier than it was. Plus the color looks fab against your skin.

JenlovesBal (December 22, 2010 at 12:13 PM)  

Lavender for sure. The white one is very bridal. :)

Anonymous –  (December 22, 2010 at 12:26 PM)  

I love the white...stunning!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION (December 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM)  

The lavender is gorgeous plus it definitely looks a bit classier as far as fabrics are concerned. The white one fits your shape very well but it does look like you are about to walk down the aisle! I would go with Lavender all the way! xo

PearlsAndGreenTea (December 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM)  

Thank you so much for all of your opinions!! I have to say I do agree with a lot of what you're saying!!

So far, the vote is at:
Lavender: 17
White: 12
Both look good: 4

I'll reveal what I chose tomorrow!

BedBugLady: hahaha!!! Love the new name!

Lilly Style (December 22, 2010 at 12:43 PM)  

Both of them look stunning on you but I would say go with lavender one mainly because of the color. White one looks a bit bridal (but is looks amazing on you). Plus the lavender one looks more expensive :)

i heart lane bryant –  (December 22, 2010 at 1:19 PM)  

i think the less expensive one is always going to be the right answer.

April (December 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM)  

I really love the way the white fits your curves!!!

Unknown (December 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM)  

I definitely like the lavender one. I love long dresses that puddle on the floor. That's the only way I wear mine. But of course, both are super gorgeous on you. :)

steph (December 22, 2010 at 2:12 PM)  

Both gorge but my vote is for the white one! You're simply stunning in it! So which did you pick? Dying to know! Awesome deals btw!

I Make Scleroderma Look Good (December 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM)  

definitely the lavender, that dress is gorgeous! the white one is beautiful too, but would make a sensational wedding dress.

chicagosun (December 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM)  

my pick is lavender even tho I like the silhouette of the white dress better but it looks too bridal.

Anonymous –  (December 22, 2010 at 4:01 PM)  

lavender for sure!

the STYLE SPY (December 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM)  

Ok, my vote is the lavender one but I reallllly like the white on you. Problem is it does look bridal. BUT if you wear chandelier organic-looking earrings and piles of gold bangles (or silver) you will look like you are going to the oscars. So yeah, I just changed my vote to the white one....lol. Hopefully, it is silver than white on the picture.

~ Lili

ana (December 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM)  

Lavander!!! and thanks for the comment in my blog ;)

Actually it's a very difficult decission... the white is so gorgeous too!!!

milk tea + polkadots (December 22, 2010 at 5:36 PM)  

My first instinct was the the white was too bridal. But that one does fit quite nicely. :) I vote for Lavender too!

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (December 22, 2010 at 7:10 PM)  

They both look great! That being said I think I like the lavender one best, very romantic :)

Beautygirl24 (December 22, 2010 at 7:19 PM)  

Both really and truly are beautiful! My pick is the white though, simply because it accentuates your fab figure perfectly!

Anonymous –  (December 22, 2010 at 7:49 PM)  

Lavender. The white one just looks too much like a wedding dress.

Lisa - respect the shoes (December 22, 2010 at 9:47 PM)  

Both look fabulous on you - and I agree, the white one may seem a bit wedding dress-ish, BUT I like the white one better and with the right accessories, you would look rocking!

Unknown (December 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM)  

Both of those dresses are gorgeous! I think I vote lavender though.

kaydoubleyou (December 22, 2010 at 10:31 PM)  

my vote is on the purple one :) i agree with those who mentioned that the white one looks too much like a wedding dress

Megan Elizabeth Johnson (December 22, 2010 at 10:41 PM)  

They're both gorgeous! But i like the way the lavender one looks. The way it falls is gorgeous.

palmandpineblog (December 22, 2010 at 11:43 PM)  

Dress #1...but im a bit partial to lavendar! the second dress is lovely as well. Reminds me of a friend's wedding gown. What great prices!

<3, natasha
http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

Rose (December 23, 2010 at 12:34 AM)  

The white one is definitely more flattering.

Anonymous –  (December 23, 2010 at 1:24 AM)  

lavender

Kileen (December 23, 2010 at 2:14 AM)  

i love the white dress!! the layers are absolutely gorgeous and it really flatters your shape!

cuteandlittle.com

Roxy Te (December 23, 2010 at 7:31 AM)  

I'm so sad I missed this!! I definitely vote the purple...you already look stunning! Can't wait to see the entire look..hair, makeup, bling, and all!

Sarah (December 23, 2010 at 3:22 PM)  

I love the top on the lavendar - I was going to vote for that one but then I saw the full length of the white and it is stunning. I think that is the one - you look so much happier in it too!

Sarah at Classroom Chic

Justine (December 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM)  

The lavender. I am so glad you went against renting for the night for $100+! Now you have a great dress you can actually keep!

Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

Unknown (December 24, 2010 at 1:55 PM)  

omg you're so lucky you get to wear a pretty dress like this!! i like the lavender one!

Post a Comment