Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

In my opinion...

I got asked a question today from a friend about to take the plunge into the magical world of Chanel. ;)  Thought it would be fun to post it here and see what other people think...

Q: Random but I thought I'd ask for ur advice before I make my purchase... I'm thinking of getting the medium classic chanel bc there's gng to be a huge price increase aug. 1. The caviar calf skin will be $3400 from $2600! Since you're the bag queen, I thought I'd ask if I should get the calf or the lamb skin one. Not sure what are the dif pros and cons. Would love to hear what you think. Thanks!

A: The price of Chanel handbags have gone up every few years so it's definitely a good thing you're getting it now before it goes up again. It's a beautiful bag and you won't regret it!
 

Anyway, abt the bag...did you mean lamb skin or caviar? Lamb skin is the really soft, smooth leather one and the caviar is the pebbled looking leather. I think the lambskin looks more elegant and classic but it is not durable.  It scratches really easily so I wonder if it would look really worn down after just a few outings.  The caviar looks a little more current, edgy to me because of the texture. Also, it doesn't scratch easily at all! I've had mine (caviar) for over 4 years and taken it everywhere, including sweaty, crowded clubs and it looks good as new! So I guess it just depends on your lifestyle and how you plan to use the bag. Hope this helps!

If anyone reading has more input on the lambskin vs caviar debate, I'd love to hear your opinions! Also, please feel free to ask away any questions of your own. :)

Signing out from Singapore! xoxo

Fashion Cappuccino (July 21, 2010 at 7:50 PM)  

Great answers! I don't own a Chanel Bag so I don't know about them but it will definitely be a investment for sure! xoxoxoxo

christiana (July 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM)  

u are def bag queen! your advice is always the right advice!

Emily (February 22, 2012 at 10:40 AM)  

Hope you bought the bag at the time you wrote! I just bought the lambskin for $4400.

dress up files (February 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM)  

Emily: congrats on your purchase! You will love it so much! I actually got mine back in 2005 and love it to this day!

Post a Comment