Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Dressy Bump Style

I received the dress I rented from Rent The Runway the day before the wedding. It was risky so I bought a back up dress just in case it wouldn't fit. The package arrived with a garment bag containing both dresses in plastic dry clean bags. There were 2 dresses because Rent The Runway sends you a second size at no additional cost to help with sizing issues.

After reading reviews, I rented sizes 1 and 2 of this Yigal Azrouel dress. Size 1 ended up being a good fit as it runs quite large.



I kept the accessories simple with hoop earrings, 2 crystal bangles and the flap bag. My orange nails did not really go with the look but am loving this fun color for the season!

Have not been able to stop eating as of late and got scolded at my last doctor's appointment for putting on too much weight. Any tips for eating less and healthier during pregnancy when you're constantly starving?

Big holiday weekend coming up! Any big plans? I have several friends coming into town so it will be busy but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Fashionista Extraordinaire (June 30, 2011 at 5:29 AM)  

The dress turned out to be a hit I see!!! You look adorable!!! And I say eat while you can. You are sure to miss a few meals when baby 2 arrives!!!

donna (June 30, 2011 at 6:49 AM)  

You look stunning! Makes me wanna be preggo again...not :)

Unknown (June 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM)  

Whoa you look AMAZING!!!!!!! I'm glad the RTR dress worked out for you.

dress up files (June 30, 2011 at 8:15 AM)  

Aw thanks guys! Means a lot especially because I've been feeling down on myself lately for gaining weight.

Kristen Thornburg (June 30, 2011 at 8:24 AM)  

Oh my gosh you look stunning and so thin! I think that dress was a good choice...heidi klum always says its better to go tighter when you are pregnant. I think she's right... I always looked like a tent if I didn't.

That j. Crew elephant necklace is my favorite. I wear it almost everyday! My very first memory is me riding an elephant in africa when I was 2 so maybe something about that gives me a special love for elephants?

Tabitha (June 30, 2011 at 8:43 AM)  

You look soooo adorable!!!!

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (June 30, 2011 at 8:49 AM)  

Super cute!

Smoothies, my husband made them for me pretty much every day. They're healthy and so delish! I was sick all the time, my go to foods were grilled cheese and smoothies! :-)

Drew (June 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM)  

You look great! Love the color of that dress! Maybe reach for more "filler" snacks like veggies and fruit?

Anonymous –  (June 30, 2011 at 10:21 AM)  

I'm definitely NO expert, but it doesn't seem to me like you're gaining too much weight at all! Do you trust your current doctor's opinion?

Anyway, healthy snacks: avocado, kale chips (ADDICTING, but healthy), hummus, smoothies, frozen bananas, 100 calorie portioned kettle korn (which is actually a pretty large serving!!!)...hmmmm...you might also want to check out Jen's posts (Jen Loves Kev) about snacks she ate while pregnant. I know she had a lot of healthy snack ideas!

Good luck!

Melissa (June 30, 2011 at 10:41 AM)  

Oh my word - you look spectacular. What an amazing dress on you! I can't believe it's possible that you've put on too much weight. You look awesome!

My only tips are to drink lots of water and chew gum. Gum helps me a lot when I'm starving.

Anonymous –  (June 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM)  

The dress - you looked gorgeous!! Love the baby bump too.

Snacks - Just suggestions.

Keep your snacks more on the protein side since protein tends to not store as fat. It breaks down into the amino acids used in the body.

Boar's Head Ovengold Turkey is nitrate/msg/hormone-free. Hard-boiled eggs. Add fruit/veggie for crunch and fiber {baby carrots, tomatoes etc}. Greek yogurt. Stir-fry tofu and veggies.

Now, carbs such as popcorn, pretzels etc {easily eat a huge portion of in one sitting} ... tend to store as fat if not used by the body. All carbs do, but I'm not saying that carbs are bad. They're not -- only if you eat more than your body needs. Just pick the right ones that are better choices that won't affect your spike sugar level {which turns on a gamut of reactions with the insulin, and need to store excess glucose as fat etc}.

Stick to fresh whole fruits {the extra fiber is always a plus}. Luna Bars are great in between meals.

Whatever you eat, don't think so much about gaining weight. Eat slowly, enjoy each morsel.

Truly Smitten (June 30, 2011 at 12:49 PM)  

what weight gain? you look smokin in that dress! Enjoy eating while you can. I'm sure it will all come off after baby #2.

In Kinsey's Closet (June 30, 2011 at 1:14 PM)  

You look ADORABLE with your bump! Glad the dress worked out!

Anonymous –  (June 30, 2011 at 2:42 PM)  

love the nail color! looking for a orange color. where is your nail color from?

Anonymous –  (June 30, 2011 at 2:47 PM)  

Size 1, really? girl, you got nothing to feel down about! there are girls dying to be in a size 1 and you're doing it preggers and all!

dress up files (June 30, 2011 at 5:17 PM)  

Nail color was from Essie but can't remember the name! Just chose something at the nail place. Sorry!!

dress up files (June 30, 2011 at 5:19 PM)  

Oh and thanks ladies but I promise I put on a lot! I'm only 23 weeks and I already put on 20 pounds! At my last appointment, I put on 7 pounds in 4 weeks so that's why the doctor was telling me to slow down and choose healthier food options. All I've been craving is deep fried greasy foods and lots of it! Thanks for all the snack ideas!!

JenlovesBal (June 30, 2011 at 8:36 PM)  

Thanks for the review! You look great. Congrats on your pregnancy. :)

style fare (June 30, 2011 at 9:30 PM)  

You look amazing, girl!!! And I'm LOVING that polish too!

Don't stress too much about the weight... you have to listen to your body (okay, I guess the doctor has some valid points too ;)). Can't wait to see you so soon!!! :D

Make Mommy Chic (July 1, 2011 at 9:45 AM)  

Hi, you look stunning- have you considered modelling for pregnant women, just a thought. And the best thing about being pregnant is the free pass to eat all the junk that you want (well, that's what i think anyways). Thanks for the post.

Mommy Chon (July 1, 2011 at 9:50 AM)  

You look awesome, and you always do. You don't even look like you gained 20 pounds so don't be down on yourself. Seriously though, you have an excuse and I say take it as it is.. you don't get to use this excuse once baby is here. I'm sad I don't get to eat everything and anything I want anymore =( so please do eat!!! by your rate, you'll gain 40 pounds in 40 weeks.. that's not bad at all -=)

connie (July 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM)  

size 1 and pregnant? you look great!
i love orange/coral for the summer. my toes have been orange since may :)
is yours tart deco from essie?

christiana (July 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM)  

i love the dress on you!! it worked out yey!

Tina Chong (July 1, 2011 at 9:10 PM)  

you look great mama! I can't even tell you gained weight. Love the cut and color on that dress. It fits like a glove on you!

Lerae (July 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM)  

What are you talking about! you look sooo great~~
I haven't been able to blog lately(due to the same reason as you) and what a wonderful news! Congratulations! I see that you are 23weeks. I'm 21weeks and I too have been kinda down because of my fast weight gain. I can't even dare post a picture of myself on the blog but you seriously look so cute.

Lili (July 5, 2011 at 8:38 AM)  

you look stunning! love the whole look!

Anonymous –  (July 5, 2011 at 6:28 PM)  

Such a pretty dress! I've always wanted to try Rent the Runway. Looks like everything comes in great condition.

Anonymous –  (July 5, 2011 at 10:37 PM)  

You look AMAZING!

Fashion and Number (July 23, 2011 at 5:42 PM)  

You look very amazing. Hot mummy. I bet your baby is proud of how cute you look!

Xoxo,
Ling

Cortnie Elizabeth (July 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM)  

You look GREAT! Love the dress on you! And how adorable is your baby bump :)

Check out my blog some time at http://stylelustpages.com!

Post a Comment