Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Dressed Up & New Chanel

 
 Daniel Vosovic Dress (Rent the Runway)  |  Metal Belt (will blog about this soon!)  |  Zara wedges  |  Chanel handbag
 Ray-Ban aviators  |  Hermes and Banana Republic bracelets  |  Michael Kors watch



I had another coupon for Rent the Runway so I rented a dress for a wedding a couple weekends ago. The dress is by Daniel Vosovic, from Project Runway.  The dress was so beautifully constructed and had such great detailing in all the drapes and folds. It was pretty on it's own but I loved it paired with my new metal belt. I will blog about this soon too..such an affordable find! Of course I paired it with my favorite shoes for the summer, these Zara wedges. I'm so glad I stalked these and ordered them online back in March because they've been sold out for months and I've gotten great use out of them so far.

Oh and as promised, meet my new addition. I've been wanting a Chanel wallet on chain (WOC) for awhile since I can't wear my classic flap cross body. And since the prices were so great in Paris, my sister and I both decided to take the plunge. She picked up an olive green timeless WOC (so her and so chic!) and I picked up the classic quilted in this grey suede-ish caviar leather.

Oh and stay tuned...Shopbop Giveaway coming soon!

Schnelle (June 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM)  

That belt is stunning! You look fabulous and your new Chanel is beautiful!

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (June 19, 2012 at 8:51 AM)  

Cute dress. I had a bad experience with Rent the Runway and I won't use them again. Love the Chanel purse.

dress up files (June 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM)  

Mrs. Collins: Really?? So curious...what happened??

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (June 19, 2012 at 9:58 AM)  

I ordered a Herve Leger dress for my birthday and got two sizes. They both arrived but they both wreaked of cigarette smoke. I mean completely. I know these dresses are worn by many but I thought they cleaned the dresses before sending out to a new customer. I called them up and they were surprised but I didn't call in the 24 hour window they give you as I was busy celebrating my milestone birthday with a new dress! Ugh, I was disappointed mostly that the dresses were so smelly. Anyway, I didn't get a refund and I'll never use them again. The good thing is I had a $50 coupon so I only paid a portion of the price but I'm still pissed.

Am I overreacting?

dress up files (June 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM)  

I'd be upset too! Can't believe they didn't do anything to compensate you. I've ordered from them 3 times now and all the dresses have come sealed in the dry cleaning bag and was obviously just cleaned. So I'm surprised that that happened!

LeRae (June 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM)  

you look so pretty! love that dress~

dress up files (June 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ella Pretty Blog (June 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM)  

Love love love your new WOC - we're bag twins now except mine is a caramel color.

When and how do you plan on wearing your WOC?

Confession: I haven't worn my bag out yet! Since it's my first Chanel, I treasure it too much for everyday wear - and I haven't been anywhere fancy lately LOL!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (June 20, 2012 at 1:08 AM)  

Gorgeous outfit. I really like how you belted the dress to make it more form-fitting. Of course, the purse is exquisite.

Cheap Makeup Reviews
Beauty and Fashion Blog Seattle

dress up files (June 20, 2012 at 6:40 AM)  

Ella: I actually wore it once to a casual dinner with some girlfriends. I was nervous about getting it dirty though. If I got a black one, I think I would wear it a lot casually and dressed up but mine is a light grey so I'm nervous too!

ladies style (June 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM)  

I really love her style.She has that classy elegant look..

N (June 20, 2012 at 7:51 AM)  

Love that belt!!! Cant wait to read your blog about it.

You are seriously making me want to go to Paris right now just to be able to take advantage of those prices. So, have to ask again like I did for the Celine purchase, how much would a WOC set me back?

christiana (June 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM)  

you and the dress are hot! can't wait to see the chanel in action!

dress up files (June 20, 2012 at 4:11 PM)  

N: Hey! The WOC came out to around $1300. I think it's around $1800 here. Make sure before you go to Paris to check the exchange rate...that will make a huge difference on whether it's a good deal or not. The exchange rate when we went as 1.25.

Anonymous –  (June 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM)  

why cant you wear your crossbody flap bag anymore?

dress up files (June 21, 2012 at 6:35 AM)  

My classic flap is the black bag I'm carrying in this post. The chain straps on the classic flap is too short to be worn cross body. The woc has a much longer chain to allow for cross body wearing.

N (June 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM)  

Thanks for the pricing tip! I cant wait to see the WOC on you.

socialitedreams (June 29, 2012 at 4:40 AM)  

what a faaaabulous dress and belt :D

Blogger (December 3, 2016 at 10:19 AM)  

Purchase your authentic brand watch for a MAJOR discount on AuthenticWatches.

Post a Comment