Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mommy & Me Celine's!

The nano and the mini Celine Luggage Totes

Doesn't A look tres chic in her nano?

JUST KIDDING!! The nano was my sister's purchase but we ended up getting the same color. When I put them side by side, the nano looked like the perfect scaled down version of the mini. So of course, I just had to get a pic of me & A rocking the bags. Excuse the "house clothes". Does anyone else change into "house clothes" the minute they get home?

So, after going back and forth between several bags (Celine trapeze, Givenchy antigona, Proenza PS1), I finally decided on the luggage tote, which I had originally wanted from a year ago. I was hesitant for so long because I felt like it would be a perfect work bag, making it not practical for me since I don't work. But I'm so glad I ended up with it. It's definitely a classic looking bag that I can dress up or down and it's roomy enough to fit all my baby stuff if need be.

People have been asking about pricing in Paris and yes, everything was significantly cheaper there...which is why I ended up with 3 bags. Yikes. So, the fall/winter mini luggage totes are currently pre-selling in the US for $2650. I got my luggage tote for $1745! Basically, $1000 cheaper!

The second bag I got was the large Longchamp tote in navy. I have a pink one from 10 years ago that I used in college and then as a work bag when I was a teacher. I also used it anytime I went swimming or to the gym. It folds up to the size of a large envelope so it's perfect to throw in your suitcase when you're traveling too. Anyway, the longchamp retails in the US for $145. I got it for $75!


And....for the third item, I picked up a teeny something from Chanel! Will share soon!

On another note, who's watching the Bachelorette? Any favorites? I am rooting for Arie, Jef and Sean!!!

Secondhand Stella (June 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM)  

Cute! I love the mini me version of the bag.

I also change my clothes as soon as I get home. So relaxing!

Ella Pretty Blog (June 14, 2012 at 9:19 AM)  

What a gorgeous group of bags....the concept of mommy & me bags is so cute - your sister was sweet to let A borrow her bag LOL!

I love the shape of the Celine bag - and I'm VERY drawn to the Nano. How do you find the weight of the bags - are they quite heavy?

Beads in a Bag (June 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM)  

you and A look so cute together w/ the purse :)! and yes, i do change into my house clothes right away i get home!!

dress up files (June 14, 2012 at 9:22 AM)  

Ella: I was going back and forth between the nano too! I like how the nano has the cross body strap so you can wear it out with the kids. I'll admit it isn't the lightest bag in the world, especially if you put a bunch of stuff in like I've been doing!

N (June 14, 2012 at 9:31 AM)  

I thought it was just me who changes into house clothes :)

If you dont mind me asking, how much would the Nano set me back in Paris? I couldnt justify the Mini to hubby, but the nano I just might be able to get away with if the price is right. Plus I love the cross body option!

Lilly Style (June 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM)  

Beautiful bags! What a difference in price, that's insane.

Truly Smitten (June 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM)  

Love, LOVE that color and tote on you!! you'll love it and it can fit so much!
A looks adorbs with the nano! haha, maybe she should have one of her own..it's a perfect size on her =). But seriously loving that choice of color!

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (June 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM)  

Nice! Love it and love the price in Paris!

BTW, I totally jump into my house clothes as soon as I walk in the door! :-)

Kay @ Slightly 0bsessed (June 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM)  

Gorgeous purses! Sounds like you got an amazing deal on the bags in France. Not only did you get it for less, but you can also say "I got in in Paris" :)

Grace Marie (June 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM)  

I love all of these bags!!!!

and SAME thing on the men -- Ryan needs to get the boot SOON!!!!

Elaine –  (June 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM)  

Oh no, not another fashion blogger with the Luggage tote, not to mention all the celebrities are carrying it too. Soon to be (if it isnt already) the overexposed bag of the year. I fear this will go on the same shelf as the Fendi spy bag.

Schnelle (June 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM)  

Ohhh your new Celine bag is so pretty! Can't wait to see what you picked up from Chanel!

JenlovesBal (June 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM)  

Too cute!!!! I have a black pebbled Nano and love it to pieces!

Congrats!

Anonymous –  (June 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM)  

Love the luggage! Do you find it heavy to carry after a while? I wanted that one at first, but opted for the Nano instead. Actually, I would have loved to get the Micro, but it is soooo hard to find.

Anyways, I am the same way in regards to coming home and changing. Actually it's our routine to come home and clean up right away to get all the day's germs off.

Stephanie –  (June 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM)  

Hi can I please ask how much the nano was? Also what color is your mini?

Jeannie (June 15, 2012 at 8:16 AM)  

Love the bags! And I love your blog. I always get into my "house clothes" the minute I step inside, ha ha! Love to see a fellow Asian Mommy Chicago fashion blogger!

http://covertboutique.blogspot.com

dress up files (June 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM)  

I thnk the nano came out to 1350 after tax refund and current exchange rate,

Ashley –  (June 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM)  

THAT CELINE IS GOREGEOUS! So jealous! Did you end up getting the sand dune color for both?

Carolyn (June 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM)  

more reason for me to go to paris! ;) and yes i change into house clothes the moment i get home haha

Mix and Match Mama (June 19, 2012 at 5:09 AM)  

Hey girl! Ok...I came over to your blog to talk about my brother (Sean from the Bachelorette) but instead I want to talk bags! Geez girl! I love a good bag. I'm kind of obsessed with having good bags. This post makes me so happy :). Love, love, love your bags. Can't wait to see the Chanel...I bet it's beautiful :). Ok...back to Sean...thanks for commenting on my blog! We're so proud of him this season!! He truly is a great and genuine guy. Love you and your bags! :)

christiana (June 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM)  

love the bag and color!!! my favorite from the bachelor is Sean so far! is Mix and Match Mama really Sean's sister???

Anonymous –  (June 24, 2012 at 4:28 AM)  

Suri Cruise will get an inferiority complex

Anonymous –  (July 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM)  

Oh I am in love with those bags! Maybe if I had the Celine to tote around the papers I have to grade I wouldn't dread them so much?

Post a Comment