Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What I'm Reading

To be honest, it's been a while since I've found a book I was really into. But here are some books that I've read and enjoyed recently.

Recommended to me by a reader on this blog, I really enjoyed this book. Admittedly, it did take me awhile to get into it and past all the medical jargon but once I was in, I could not put it down.  This book really takes you away to a foreign place, living and feeling right along with the characters. And at the end of the day, isn't that escape the best part of reading?

I enjoyed this book immensely and finished it in record time. The story starts off in Korea around the time my parents were in their twenties and I felt like I was getting a glimpse into what life was like for them back then. The story also has a "Sliding Doors" element to it, where one decision affects every aspect of your future. This is a fast read and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

And, of course like everyone else, I jumped on the naughty book bandwagon. I'm still in the middle of it and I can't seem to get into it yet.

What books have you been reading lately? I would really love some recommendations!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (August 9, 2012 at 5:26 PM)  

Always nice to know what others are reading. Unfortunately, I did not like 50 Shades of Gray. I think I am the only one - yikes!
Mom Fitness Journal | Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Liz (August 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM)  

I think I belong to the minority regarding the 50 shades trilogy. While it piqued my interest enough that I read all 3 books, I was mentally shaking my head the whole time at how weak the lead female character was written to be. Not even because she was sexually submissive (whatever floats your boat right?), but because she seemed to have no backbone.

Liz (August 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM)  

Oh, and good books, I was looking at getting the 1st one but have held back because the first few pages didn't grab my attention. But I think I will give it another try!
A book on my nightstand right now is an oldie-- Sippy Cups are not for Chardonnay. As a 1st ttime mom, I am finding it hilarious!

hubs –  (August 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM)  

can you tell me the days that you are reading 50 shades? just so i know...

christiana (September 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM)  

i really want to read the this burns my heart book.. once i do we can discuss!

Post a Comment