Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Look: Stripes + My Favorite Mini

J.Crew sweater vest and belt, Anthropologie camisole, Aritzia mini, Gap city flats, Chloe bag, Nashelle earrings and necklace, turquoise bracelet (from the Philippines)

I bought this sweater vest for my mom (when I personal shopped for her in July) but she didn't end up wearing it much. So, she offered it to me the other day. Why thank you kindly!

I paired the vest with my favorite, super versatile bandage mini from Aritzia. I got the skirt in a size 6 (I normally wear a 2) so it wouldn't be skin tight a la Herve Leger. This way, it's not as offensive when worn in the daytime, it's more lenient on your undergarments, and a lot more comfortable!


There she is again! Isn't Ethel cute?

I really couldn't be bothered to blow dry my hair most days so I'm usually sporting some kind of bun or ponytail. Here's the messy side bun I've been wearing a lot as of late.


 Have you ever given a gift only to take it back later? I want to hear your stories!

Chas (November 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM)  

I love your sweater vest and skirt!

dr.mommy (November 18, 2010 at 7:53 AM)  

Awww I love the pics - u look chic as always! :) I never get back what I wanted back because my sis lives in AR! :(

Kelly (November 18, 2010 at 7:58 AM)  

Love the striped vest! Hey, if she wasn't wearing it - someone should! :)

Julia (November 18, 2010 at 8:10 AM)  

thank you for dropping by my blog. i love yours!! you got an amazing style. chic, comfortable, and pretty!

Tanya Turi (November 18, 2010 at 8:13 AM)  

Thank you for the birthday wishes and coming to say hi! Really love your blog and following it now! ♥

Unknown (November 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM)  

my sisters and i do that all the time... my mom too... thats also why we give great gifts because they might get handed down to us!
cute outfit!

~selina

Tiffany (November 18, 2010 at 11:22 AM)  

you look adorable. I love the vest. And I do the same with those bandage skirts from Aritzia, I love them but they are a bit tight to my liking so I always size up.

Anonymous –  (November 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM)  

your bandage mini may not be offensive but using the phrase Indian Giver is. So much was taken away from them and to toss the phrase so casually is demoralizing - IMO.

kimmie (November 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM)  

Hi Jiye! Thanks for visiting my blog :) I totally love your side messy bun. I try and try but I can never get it right :(

Justine (November 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM)  

I don't think you're an Indian giver. It is not like you did the taking back. Hehehe.

Just Better Together

Beautygirl24 (November 18, 2010 at 1:37 PM)  

I love the outfit! I never know how to wear bandage skirts but yours is perfect!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION (November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM)  

Ethel is beyond cute!! And she goes perfect with your outfit. Love the look! xo

Erin (November 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM)  

I love your striped top!

Linda W (November 18, 2010 at 2:58 PM)  

Hmm...maybe I'll try that. Find something I like, give it as a gift, and wait for them to give it back to me. :)

The Auspicious Life

Pam (November 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM)  

I am so envious that you can wear things like this, England is getting cold now so I'm stuck wearing layers and more layers and a few layers on top. I love the striped top, I wasn't into stripes until a friend started wearing them and I got clothing envy and bought a few tops. They're flattering and fun.

my healthy twist (November 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM)  

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love this outfit, and you look great in stripes! XOXO, http://www.NatalyasCloset.com

In Kinsey's Closet (November 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM)  

I love that sweater. I also love stealing things from my mom when she doesn't wear them enough! What a great idea to belt it, it looks really great :0) I'm a new follower!

PearlsAndGreenTea (November 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM)  

Anonymous: I really apologize. I should have given it more thought. I'm taking it off the post. Thanks for your sharing your thoughts.

Trixie (November 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM)  

This look is really nice! It looks great on you :)

And to answer your question: YES. Multiple times. I spent ages looking for the perfect present for my sister when I visited the Philippines, on to have the floral top given back to me because it "makes me look fat".

christiana (November 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM)  

love the bag and your hair's so cute!

Rach (November 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM)  

Love the sweater! Is it bad if I sometimes give my mom 'gifts' that I know I will use so much that she will go ahead and let me have it? LOL! that does sound kind of bad.

http://www.sugarfilledcloset.com

temi –  (November 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM)  

I've bought gifts and kept them for myself plenty of times! I also agree that the hair looks great!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons (November 18, 2010 at 7:14 PM)  

aww i love the stripes! Sometimes I steal (with permision!) my moms clothes and then give them back.. haha does that count? =)

xoXOxo
Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons

Elaine (November 18, 2010 at 7:41 PM)  

Super cute!! I love the sweater vest although I'm not a fan of them on myself. And that bag is adorb!!

www.clothedmuch.com

TheBabyMammaChronicles (November 18, 2010 at 8:35 PM)  

Haha, I love that you named your bag!

Louise @ INGREDIENTS (November 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM)  

I love the stripes and the Chloe bag is so cute! I have never worn a cross-body smaller size bag before - might be persuaded to try one now...

www.cosmeticsbee.blogspot.com

Kileen (November 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM)  

this striped top is too cute and i love the way it looks with this little mini. nice call on getting it a few sizes too big and wearing it as a looser skirt. it looks so lovely on you!!

cuteandlittle.com

Petiteélégant (November 19, 2010 at 7:31 PM)  

I bought my Mom a sequin top for xmas. Only I took it back to wear it as a mini dress=)

girl japan (November 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM)  

Maybe Indian Giver is not very PC to say, but I don't think you meant it as anything, it's just a phrase or idiom, that a lot of us hear... I don't think she meant to demoralize anyone.. I know I used to say it when I was a kid...

The phrase is not a nice one to use, but I think her intentions of trying to explain something were honest and true.. but I never thought about it until now...the phrase, where it came from....

Having said that... are you still in Asia? It's just starting to cool off here.. leaves are turning.. upper 60's here in Tokyo today.

LeRae (November 21, 2010 at 9:37 PM)  

You are such a cute mom! it looks comfortable yet stylish!
vanilla with sprinkles

Mo (November 21, 2010 at 11:40 PM)  

I have a red pair of city flats and I love them, they look great with your outfit. :)
Yes, I have definitely given many things to my Mom, all pieces I thought she would like, only to have them given back.

steak and french fries –  (November 22, 2010 at 3:40 PM)  

this one time i received a beautiful pug for christmas. then it was taken back and given away by that same person.

Anonymous –  (November 22, 2010 at 10:34 PM)  

I love this look! My mother, sister and I seem to give and take back gifts all the time. Always in a friendly, you'll-get-more-out-of-this-than-me type way.

Taylor (November 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM)  

What a cute outfit! Definitely looks comfortable. And messy side-buns always look great!

Samantha (December 9, 2010 at 3:37 PM)  

Cute. I love stripes. Nice casual but chic look.

Post a Comment