Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Winter Layering


Maison Scotch boucle vest (similar)  |  Aritzia dress (similar)  |  Mackage leather jacket
Rag & Bone booties  |  Celine bag  |  J.Crew necklace 




When you live somewhere as cold as Chicago, learning how to layer effectively is imperative.  I recently went shopping at one of my favorite stores, Aritzia with some friends.  To our surprise, the manager set up champagne, macarons and best of all, a huge rack full of clothes she had pulled for us.  

I don't know if I would have ever tried on this very fitted midi sweater dress or this boucle vest, had they not been on that rack but I'm glad they were.  It's nice when I try something on that I don't think I'll like or can pull off and end up loving it.  I'm really digging all the textures in this look.  I also took this vest to Vegas and wore it every single day.  Such a great layering piece!    

Stephanie (February 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM)  

loving these layers! at first i totally thought it was one coat but it's great that you can mix and match these pieces. totally dying over your bag =)

pretty little things (February 21, 2013 at 8:15 AM)  

I love your coat! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Hannah (February 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM)  

Looks amazing! Dying with jealousy over your Celine Bag!!! If you get a chance, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post! x

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Amy Shaughnessy (February 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM)  

That is a cool vest and definitely a great layering piece. Love how you put it over the jacket!

Amy
Fashion and Beauty Finds

Stephanie (February 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM)  

speaking of DIY i'm actually still waiting for your tutorial on your celine shirt? i know you said it wasn't the best but id still love to see it =)

Truly Smitten (February 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM)  

Love it! So well put together! I've been really digging Maison Scotch lately. Have you been to their new boutique on Damen, Scotch & Soda? Nick and I have been stopping in there lately and really great stuff for guys too!

alison*elle (February 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM)  

Aritzia is my favourite store too; most of my wardrobe is from there! I actually just got a similar Wilfred Free dress (but it's v-neck) that I've been wearing with a vest. Such a fun look!

xo, alison*elle

A Fine Balance (February 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM)  

Im a huge fan of Aritzia as well I find their design concept great....sometimes pricey!

PS I have a giveaway happening right now! hope you'll enter SO Fresh and So Clean Giveaway

Unknown (February 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM)  

Fabulous outfit! You look stunning:)

http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de

Julie Cottrell (February 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM)  

I love that dress!!! The whole look is great and I totally understand layering... Sheesh. You look amazing girl!

Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

julianasjournal (February 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM)  

Great look, and the layering is one of my favorites , i really like your style and I'm now a new happy follower! Hope you follow back!
xoxo

Jessica@SEO Company in UK[ (February 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM)  

You stunning with this dress and I like the way you smile. :)

Unknown (March 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM)  

now that is VIP shopping!! love the vest, it looks nice and warm!

Sisters Marie
Just Launched - Start your kid's Closet on BTGTF!

Post a Comment