Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Field trip to Madewell

I squealed when I caught sight of the Madewell store at South Coast Plaza. I've ordered here and there from their website but always wanted to visit a store.

I seriously fell in love with so many pieces and stared longingly at all the cinched waist looks that I would have to wait till post-pregnancy to wear. Loved all the prints and the pops of color (yellow and jewel tones!). They had really cute shoes and jewelry as well! Between my mom, sister and I, I think we tried on everything in the store crammed into the big changing room.

A knew how much mommy wanted to browse and fell asleep in her stroller for over an hour right when we got to Madewell.

Big news Chicagoans!! I just heard today that Madewell is finally making it's ways to our windy city! They're taking over the Starbucks on Rush Street. Yay!!!

Question: If you had to choose one, J.Crew or Madewell? I love them both but if I had to choose, I would say Madewell!

Kristen Thornburg (June 15, 2011 at 9:14 AM)  

That store looks like a dream! J. Crew is my favorite store... although I have never actually been inside a Madewell store I guess I can't really say if I had to choose. I don't own anything Madewell, but I think that will have to change soon!

milk tea + polkadots (June 15, 2011 at 11:16 AM)  

Ooh...we're gonna have a Topshop and Madewell here? Awesome! Aaand...Pinkberry and Chick-fil-A! Why does it take so long for stores to come to Chicago?!

Did you pick anything else up from Madewell besides the sandals and shorts?? :)

Beautygirl24 (June 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM)  

Love that store! The one at South Coast is the only location near me!

dress up files (June 15, 2011 at 1:15 PM)  

milk tea: i know! i'm so excited for all the new openings! i've actually never tried chick-fil-a but i have a feeling i'm gonna love it! i just wish everything wasn't downtown...such a pain to park there!

at madewell, i also picked up a paisley top, a scarf, a bracelet and another pair of shorts which i won't be able to fit into till post pregnancy!

Unknown (June 15, 2011 at 2:15 PM)  

definitely Madewell! but i say that because J Crew doesn't fit me as well although their designs have definitely gotten A LOT better these past couple of years.

milk tea + polkadots (June 15, 2011 at 2:18 PM)  

Seriously. I rarely ever shop downtown. Parking is so expensive! I've never had chick-fil-a before either. I wonder what all the hype is about.

potpie du monde (June 15, 2011 at 2:34 PM)  

Wow I didn't even realize they had a madewell at SCP! I've been going to the Century city & Americana one this whole time. Thanks for letting all your readers know :) I have a hard time choosing between jcrew & madewell.. but madewell is taking over my current wardrobe so I guess I would have to choose them for now. :) Did you find any great pieces to add to your great wardrobe?

steph (June 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM)  

why do you have to choose? =)

Amy (June 16, 2011 at 2:30 AM)  

I love the Madewell store. I am lucky enough to live very close to SCP, and be near the Los Angeles location where I work. They carry incredibly comfortable clothing that I want to wear day and night.

Unfortunately, J Crew is the big winner for me. I love that the pieces work well enough for my creative job during the day and chic enough to catch a round of drinks after work. It's one of my favorite go-to places, and somehow, my mom, sister and I and all my female cousins can't seem to get enough of it!

Cheers.

AubreyOhDang! (June 16, 2011 at 12:18 PM)  

I was just in that store last weekend. My first time in a Madewell.

For me, J.crew.

Secondhand Stella (June 16, 2011 at 1:37 PM)  

I love Madewell, but I think J Crew fits in with my lifestyle (work, etc) better.

Unknown (June 21, 2011 at 9:03 AM)  

Love Madewell whenever I see if featured on blogs...and online...but have never made the purchase, not really sure why? So many cute numbers in that store front...I would have been in heaven:)
First time stopping in..over from Glitter and Gold- following along w you now! Can't wait to dive into your prior posts:)
C

christiana (July 1, 2011 at 12:38 PM)  

i can totally see you in most of the outfits on the mannequins

Anonymous –  (August 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM)  

They're also opening up a Madewell store at Old Orchard where the Disney Store used to be!

Post a Comment