Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wedding Season

I normally love getting dolled up for weddings but it's hard to get excited about dressing up when you're carrying an extra 20 lbs around. We have a wedding coming up this weekend and I'm still not sure what to wear! 

I bought a Groupon to Rent The Runway (an online dress rental company) last year and used it to rent something for this upcoming wedding. It was hard to find something that could work with a huge bump. I ended up renting this Yigal Azrouel dress. I really wanted the teal version but they didn't have my size.

The thing is...I don't get the dress until the day before the wedding and there's a good chance it won't fit right, especially with my huge bump!

I might have to run out and get a back up dress just in case the Yigal doesn't work out. Can anyone recommend any good dresses that are still cute and don't scream maternity?

Fashionista Extraordinaire (June 22, 2011 at 5:21 AM)  

Is it an evening or day wedding? Try gap and Zara. I too am preggo-27 weeks so I know your issue. I hope the rr dress works!

Fashionista Extraordinaire (June 22, 2011 at 5:44 AM)  

Here are some dresses http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=13658&vid=1&pid=836617
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=13658&vid=1&pid=836613

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=22569909&catId=CLOTHES-NEW&pushId=CLOTHES-NEW&popId=CLOTHES&navAction=top&navCount=54&color=095&isProduct=true&fromCategoryPage=true&isSubcategory=true&subCategoryId=CLOTHES-NEW-DRESSES&templateType=subCategory
http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-S2011/61137/446603/PRINTED%2BTUNIC

Fashionista Extraordinaire (June 22, 2011 at 5:48 AM)  

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-S2011/61137/388413/FLOWER%2BDRESS

Tima (June 22, 2011 at 10:13 AM)  

I was thinking about going to on Rent the Runway for my anniversary but I wear a 12/14 and they stop at a 12 so Im not too sure about it yet but everything on there is so gorgeous especially the accessories!!

Editor & Chic

dress up files (June 22, 2011 at 3:33 PM)  

Fashionista Extraordinaire: Thanks for the links!! The gap one isn't working for me. I love that last Zara one...might have to go try it on! Oh and congrats on the pregnancy!!

Tima: They should stock bigger sizes. You should write them!

Kristen Thornburg (June 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM)  

I always had trouble finding cute dresses that weren't maternity dresses that make you look like a tent when you are pregnant! It's definitely challenging. Hope the dress works for you so you won't have to search around anymore!
As far as products you can look forward to... I commented above your comment on my post if you are interested! :) Also in the works: laundry detergent for HE and top loaders, baby bubble bath, lotion, and more. I am really excited to get everything set up! :)

J –  (June 26, 2011 at 1:06 PM)  

Hey! you might wanna check out http://www.henkaa.com/convertible-dresses/
... great for maternity, and you can wear it after you've had your baby too. : )

...btw, i've already worn my leopard dress several times, loving it!

happy pregnancy!!

Velociraptor (June 29, 2011 at 1:18 PM)  

Asos has a reasonable maternity section you can check out. I really loved this dress:
http://us.asos.com/ASOS-ASOS-MATERNITY-Chiffon-Kaftan-Dress/wby4n/?iid=1575033&cid=5813&Rf900=1465&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Nude&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1NQVRFUk5JVFktQ2hpZmZvbi1LYWZ0YW4tRHJlc3MvUHJvZC8.
Good luck and I hope the YA dress fits!


tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

Kristen Thornburg (June 29, 2011 at 3:54 PM)  

Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow I am linking your blog in my post. It's just about which blogs I started reading first when I was lonely in Georgia. Come and read it if you'd like. It will be up tomorrow. :)

Have a good evening!

dress up files (June 30, 2011 at 8:14 AM)  

Mrs. T: Thanks for linking! I'm excited to see the post!

Post a Comment