Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Summertime

On Mommy: Splendid top, Target denim maternity shorts that I made into cutoffs, Cynthia Vincent sandals (a warehouse sale find!), Goyard bag, J.Crew and Hermes bracelets
On A: Gingersnaps top, Gymboree shorts, Crocs

I live in cut off shorts all summer long. I was excited to find these denim maternity shorts at Target. To make cut off shorts, just cut to length and throw in the washing machine. Trim the excess fray and you're good to go. For a more distressed look, rub sandpaper on the denim. I've read you should stitch above the fray to make sure it doesn't keep fraying and get shorter and shorter but I haven't had issues with my other cut off shorts yet!


One of my go-to summer meals is a grilled chicken and veggie kabob served with couscous. I found this recipe here and it is about as easy as they come. All the ingredients for the marinade are things that I always have on hand so all I have to do is pick up some chicken, veggies and couscous mix (yes, I use a boxed mix!) and I'm set for dinner! I took this picture with 2 kabobs to make it look visually appealing but I'll admit, I had 7 of these bad boys. I've been eating equal or more than hubbie as of late. Take an already hearty appetite and add pregnancy to the mix and I'm unstoppable. 

What are your go to summertime looks and eats? Please share~

Melissa (June 17, 2011 at 7:53 AM)  

Why do I feel like I had no idea you were pregnant? Congratulations if I didn't already say it! {Seriously, I can forget my own name. It's pathetic.}

You look adorable! I love that you're wearing matching shirts. :)

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Unknown (June 17, 2011 at 9:05 AM)  

Yummy that looks sooo good!

You and your daughter look adorable! You are looking amazing!

milk tea + polkadots (June 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM)  

Cute! Is that a maternity top? Have u had to start wearing maternity tops yet? Or can you still get away with looser regular tops?

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (June 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM)  

Look at that adorable bump of yours! You look great!

Mommy Chon (June 18, 2011 at 10:37 PM)  

You look great! and I had to LOL at you eating as much as H(usband), I eat just as much now too and I can't believe myself sometimes!

Kristen Thornburg (June 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM)  

Aww! You guys look soo cute together in your matching little tops! :) And I swear you haven't gained a POUND since you've been pregnant! You look amazing!

style fare (June 20, 2011 at 8:08 PM)  

7! That is pretty impressive, Jiye! Looks delish - I love couscous and can basically scarf down a whole box on my own, so to beef it up a bit I add dried cranberries and sometimes toasted almond slivers. Can we BBQ when I see you??

And how much do I love little A's cute sunglasses??

Emma (Glitter and Gold) (June 21, 2011 at 12:22 PM)  

You look fab! love love love the sandals! Hope the pregnancy is going great - i am a week away!!!

Just wanted to let you know I gave you a "Stylish Blogger Award" today on my blog . . . check it out when you get a chance
xoxoxo
E

www.glitterandgoldblog.blogspot.com

christiana (July 1, 2011 at 12:37 PM)  

omg where did you find A's sunglasses?!! she's so stylin!!

Meisha.Style (July 26, 2011 at 10:53 PM)  

like mother like daughter! super chic!

new follower!

Post a Comment