Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Now Reading...

Kyung-Sook Shin is a popular novelist in Korea and this is her first book to be translated into English. I started reading it on the flight to Maui last month and hubbie woke up to me sobbing heavily into the kindle. I will say, in true Korean fashion (you'll know what I mean if you follow Korean dramas), it is very melodramatic and over the top. Nevertheless, I got into the story and the characters and laughed and cried along with them. 

I'm currently reading "Dreams of Joy" by Lisa See. It's the sequel to her novel "Shanghai Girls" that I blogged about here. I'm about a quarter through and so far, it's been intriguing reading about Joy's journey to Communist China in the 1950's.

Have you read any good books lately? I have nothing lined up for when I'm done with this book and I'm always looking for the next good read! Help!

Oh and we found out we're expecting another girl! I'm excited because I'm really close to my sister and always wanted A to have a sister as well. And I don't need to buy new clothes!

RoseAG (June 24, 2011 at 5:47 AM)  

I noticed that Lisa See had a new book out. My book club read "Shanghai Girls" a few months back and I'm going to send out an alert that the sequel is available.

star (June 24, 2011 at 8:29 AM)  

have you checked out this web site: http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/
enter a book / author you like, and they will suggest something similar!

Anonymous –  (June 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM)  

congrats to another girl :)!!
Sharon

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (June 24, 2011 at 11:17 AM)  

Aww, another girl, very sweet! I have two sisters but they live in NY, I miss them! :-(

Katie (June 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM)  

Congrats! I just read Shanghai girls and loved it! Have you read Snow Flower and The Secret Fan? It is also by Lisa See and I liked it even better, it is really good! I have been meaning to get Dreams of Joy, might do that today :)

Kristen Thornburg (June 24, 2011 at 1:10 PM)  

Hmm... I really need to get into reading more.
I haven't read any novels in SO long. Mostly self help books on marriage and parenting, etc.
But reading for FUN... now that's something I need to do. :)

connie (June 24, 2011 at 6:13 PM)  

i saw that book by KSS at the book store while shopping for books for my vacay... i didn't purchase it though :( but glad to hear it was a good book! it's on my summer list :)

I just read the most recent Sophie Kinsella's Mini Shopaholic and Emily Giffin's The Heart of the Matter. Both were very quick and fun to read. Read both in 4 days.

dress up files (June 24, 2011 at 6:51 PM)  

star: i checked out that website but it's not finding any of my books for some reason. maybe the site was down?

dress up files (June 24, 2011 at 6:52 PM)  

katie: yes!! i loooved snow flower and the secret fan! i think it's still my favorite lisa see book to date!

dress up files (June 24, 2011 at 6:53 PM)  

connie: before kindle days, i would've totally lent you the book but that's one of the things that kinda suck about the kindle. no sharing. :(

Amy (June 24, 2011 at 11:57 PM)  

Thanks for the book recommendations! I am looking forward to some quiet time to do some reading.

Cheers!

5inchpumps (June 25, 2011 at 1:09 AM)  

jiye my mom read the first book and was crying on our living room couch !! she said i must read it !

Mommy Chon (June 25, 2011 at 6:24 PM)  

Did you read "The girl with the dragon tattoo"? Super great book, its part of a trilogy so that would be 3 books that you can read -=) I'm going to read the first book you have on here, I need to keep myself busy!

oh and with teen mom, I'm watching 16 and pregnant as of now since that's whats on but there are no shows that I watch during the summer -=( the summer seasons stink!! what do you suggest?

Post a Comment