Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DIY Creme De La Creme Sweatshirt

Everyone has seen Zoe Karssen's Creme De La Creme sweatshirt by now, especially after it was featured on Atlantic-Pacific awhile ago. Not only is the sweatshirt sold out but it retails for $160! So I was thrilled when I came across this genius DIY version here. I grabbed a friend and we tackled the project within a few hours (including trips to Joann's, Michael's and Forever21 to gather all the materials).  

Transfermations Iron-On Letters from Michael's & Forever21 sweatshirt ($13)

1. Cut out the letters you need and place them on your sweatshirt. I used an extra l to make the accents over the e's in creme.

2. Place fabric on top of your letters and apply pressure for 60 seconds. Make sure to apply pressure to all the corners.  Flip the sweatshirt over carefully and iron for another 20 seconds.

Voila!

If you're not a DIY'er, here are some other great options for this trend.

I have a bunch of letters leftover but no e's. What other fun sayings or words are there that don't have e's in them? Help!

Stephanie (September 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM)  

such a great idea! i love this DIY, def going to give it a try!

Andrea (September 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM)  

Love this. Thanks for sharing!!

alison*elle (September 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM)  

Your DIY version looks amazing! Post a pic of you wearing it too!!

xo, alison*elle

Ella Pretty Blog (September 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM)  

Such a cute idea - and so much fun to craft with a friend :-)

Camille (September 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM)  

What about "Voila"? I've always loved that word.

Husbands 2 say few is few (September 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM)  

Awesome! The wheels in my DIY head went spinning when I saw this on atlantic-pacific. Yours turned out so cute!!

JanandJill.com (September 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM)  

This brought back total DIY deja vu. hehe I used those exact same letters and I love how your's turned out and so glad we all inspired each other to get the sold out sweatshirt made for so much less. You and your friend must have had fun, and luckily it didn't take too long. Thanks again and definitely following

xoDale
http://www.savvyspice.com/

dress up files (September 11, 2012 at 3:37 PM)  

Camille: Love the Voila idea! Think I just might do that!

dress up files (September 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM)  

Dale Janee: Thank you again for the brilliant idea!

Sarah Nicole (October 7, 2012 at 5:25 PM)  

What letters did you buy? I want to make this, but I don't have a Michael's where I live and want to know what to tell my mother what she should look for. Thanks for the DIY, yours came out great!

dress up files (October 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM)  

Sarah Nicole: In the first picture, you can see the pack of letters. It's a brand called transfermations. Maybe you can forward your mom the picture so she can just look for the same ones?

Anonymous –  (October 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM)  

I made one today. Cost me $10.00 AWESOME!!!!

Post a Comment