Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leather Leggings & Chunky Sweaters

Aritzia faux leather leggings (Similar)  |  Zara sweater (Similar)  |  Tory Burch flats  |  Celine bag




I blogged about my quest for the perfect faux leather leggings here.  Unfortunately, none of the ones I listed worked out.  The Zara ones dipped so much in the back whenever I sat down, it was like a viewing party for my crack.  The Blank ones just didn't fit right and I loved the Paper Crown leggings, except the S was a little too big and they were sold out of the XS.

BTW, if you're in the market for a pair of faux leather leggings, they now have XS here and M here.  Act now because these are sold out everywhere!  The leather on the Paper Crown ones looked great and it had an extra wide, extra high waist so it works double duty to smooth out your mid section.

I ended up getting mine at Aritzia and I'm pretty happy with them.  As you can tell by now, I've been loving leather this Fall but I definitely follow some guidelines when wearing this trend.

- Never wear with another article of leather clothing. (I abhor anything matchy matchy.)
- Don't over-accessorize (too many spikes and studs is overkill for a leather look!)
- Pair with unexpected pieces (casual t-shirt, chunky sweater, ladylike blouse)

Here, I kept the rest of my look very casual and comfy (cableknit sweater, my favorite flats and a classic bag) to bring the leather leggings to a daytime appropriate look.  I've gotten a lot of use out of my leggings so far and I'm so glad I took the plunge on them early.  Have you jumped on the leather bandwagon yet?

donna (September 27, 2012 at 8:41 AM)  

I absolutely adore your Mommy style! No frumpy outfits :)

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files (September 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM)  

I need a pair!!! Love the outfit.

BTW, love the new look and name. I've been pondering changing the look and name of my blog as well.

pretty little things (September 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM)  

wow I'm seriously loving how you styled these leather leggings and made them look classy and not trashy!! and the little one is so cute! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

mindy –  (September 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM)  

i love that outfit!

Stephanie (September 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM)  

i'm loving this look of leather meets girly! i have those flats too and they are literally the most comfortable flats every!

palmandpineblog (September 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM)  

Lovely combination of soft (sweater) with hard (leather pants)!

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog

christiana (September 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM)  

i love the back of your sweater! leather def looks hot.. and A is so good at posing haha!

Tiffany (September 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM)  

I just found your blog - nice style! I love shiny leggings..I usually get mine from American Apparel. Love your Celine bag!

Leftbanked

A (September 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM)  

LOVE!! Great outfit for fall.

Post a Comment