Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Name: Dress Up Files


When I first started my blog almost 4 years ago, I didn't expect anyone to read it.  One late night, just a few weeks into motherhood, I decided on a whim to start a blog.  Delirious from lack of sleep and uninspired, I tried several different handles before I settled on Pearls and Green Tea, mostly because it happened to be available.  It wasn't a very thoughtful name choice and I've wanted to change it for some time.

I brainstormed with my sister and a few close girlfriends for my new name and came up with some good ideas.  Dress Up Files was one of the first names I came up with and I kept coming back to it.  I love that it ties in with my little girls who love nothing more than to get dolled up in their princess dresses and glass slippers.  

A few days after the name change was official and the domain was purchased, I logged onto pinterest and saw the quote above from Kate Spade.  It felt very serendipitous.  

Oh and a HUGE thank you to Lindsay Nicole, who updated my blog design and URL for me and to Sarah of Truly Smitten, who made me a new banner.  They are both AMAZING at what they do (blog design and graphic design respectively) and I highly recommend them!

I'm so glad you're here and I hope you'll continue this journey with me, here on Dress Up Files. 

E. Kay (September 26, 2012 at 4:39 AM)  

love the new name and kate spade definitely comes up with some amazingly quotable quotes! looking forward to your updates!

Ella Pretty Blog (September 26, 2012 at 6:03 AM)  

Lovely new name - so glad you're back!

stylefare (September 26, 2012 at 7:38 AM)  

Congrats, girl! Can't wait to see what the new and improved blog has in store for you! ;)

Anonymous –  (September 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM)  

I love your new name!
I've been dying to change my blog name for awhile now, too, but can't think of a name for it so I'm like forget it.

Sarah told me a bit about what's to come with your blog and I'm really excited to see!

dress up files (September 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM)  

Donna: I've been wanting to change it for years and I regret not doing it sooner. You should definitely just change it!

Camille (September 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM)  

I wish I had just changed blog names in the past rather that deleting and starting over from scratch. I've been blogging since about 2005 but my current blog is only about a year old. I love your new blog name! I will be an avid reader, I can tell.

dress up files (September 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM)  

Camille: Is your old blog still public? Maybe you can merge the two? Lindsay Nicole, who helped me with my name change is really good with html and might be able to help you!

christiana (September 27, 2012 at 11:58 PM)  

i really like the banner design!

Post a Comment