Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Creme De La Creme Look Book

DIY Creme sweatshirt (F21)  |   SONG leopard jeans (similar)  |  Converse shoes  |  Aritzia jacket  |  Chanel bag


I've been wearing my DIY Creme De La Creme sweatshirt nonstop and this could potentially turn out to be the best $20 I've spent all season.  The sweatshirt was $13 at Forever21 and the letters were from Michaels.  I also recently made a "HOLY CHIC" t-shirt out of my leftover letters, as suggested by my dear friend, H (check out her lovely blog here!)



So can we talk about hair for a bit?  I've been loving the whole undone hair look (a la Kate Moss, Alexa Chung and every other woman I saw in Paris) but I just don't get how to achieve the look.  Coz we all know even though it looks like Serena Van Der Woodsen rolled out of bed with that perfect bedhead, it actually took hours of styling to achieve.

This particular evening, I decided to once again try my hand at the look.  After washing and towel drying, I sprayed Bumble and bumble's Surf Spray all over and scrunched my hair.  I blow dried while scrunching and then kept on scrunching all night.  Haha.  It was my best attempt so far, which does not say much at all.  Does anyone use a diffuser?  I wonder if that would help.  I would really appreciate any tips if you guys know how to achieve that messy, rolled out of bed look.  And no, you cannot just roll out of bed.  I've tried.

stylefare (October 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM)  

My byoootipuhl chingoo, Jiye! I'm loving this carefree look and can't wait to see the tee!

As for hair, a Japanese stylist once told me to try going to sleep with braided pigtails (low at the neck, not Pippi-style). I guess you could try with both dry hair and hair that's been washed + with a bit of product massaged in. You can also braid a bit more 'loosely' for a less tight look. *shrug* Let me know how it goes!!

Anonymous –  (October 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM)  

Great look. Love the hair too!

pretty little things (October 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM)  

love your sweatshirt! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Unknown (October 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM)  

I love everything about this. And I can't believe that's a DIY sweatshirt! B&B Surf Spray is an everyday MUST over here. I love the texture it makes my hair :)

Love your blog, following you!

xo, Megan
indie flower

Chocolate Cookies & Candies (October 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM)  

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I love your hair! I think the best thing of all is you didn't spend too much on it. It's shiny and has the tousled effect. BTW, I love your outfit. Totally up my alley :)

Chocolate Cookies & Candies (October 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM)  

Ooooh...you're on Twitter too. Great! Am following now.

alison*elle (October 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM)  

So nice to see your DIY sweatshirt in action, I LOVE it!! As for hair, I've found that curling my hair in addition to using the salt spray helps a lot to create the messy look. When you scrunch the curls it makes them more wavy and "undone"-looking.

xo, alison*elle

Liz (October 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM)  

You know, the 1st thought that popped in my head was actually, wow her hair looks great! And I was giggling to myself when I scrolled down and saw you talking about your hair. I think it looks sexy but not overdone or in your face! The "curse" of stick straight Asian hair (I'm filipina and I have to work at getting even the slightest wave to my hair!). I'm glad to see the surf spray gave good results!

Jessica (October 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM)  

really cute laid back look!

Jessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

Anonymous –  (October 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM)  

Great pant, sneaker and bag. Lovely blog, visit my blog and let me know if you want to follow and I will follow back

hyej (October 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM)  

You look gorgeous, Jiye! You seriously look 10 years younger in these pics. Your hair is SO long. I'm trying to grow mine out to be just as long or longer :)

Anonymous –  (October 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM)  

Love those pants! Especially with the converse


Xo, Rachel
http://www.glitzyblues.com

Ella Pretty Blog (October 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM)  

Your hair looks so pretty down - it's so long! Your chanel WOC is gorgeous.

ANNIE @HERIMAJINATION (October 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM)  

love those leopard denim!

when i want to achieve the "undone" hair i tie my hair in a low bun when its wet. if it's dry, i spray some surf spray/regular spray while i get ready and then before i head out the door i take it down! hope it works!

p.s. thanks for coming by my blog! hope to see you soon! :)

dress up files (October 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM)  

Hyej: Hi Hyejin! Thanks!! You're so sweet...you made this frazzled mama's day!

Unknown (October 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM)  

That sweater is such a cute DIY...I've been loving sweaters and tshirts with writing like that lately...such a good idea to just DIY it!

Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

Theresa / InspirationCOOP (October 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM)  

This diy sweatshirt is so smart, and I think you mastered the sexy surf hair. Really great outfit.
PS~Wanted to say hello and thank you for stopping by. It's great to find a fellow blogger with similar interests and lifestyle. Cheers!

t –  (October 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM)  

Love the look!

SHOP STYLE CONQUER (October 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM)  

cute outfit, simple yet chic, great styling!

x

♥ Ellen
SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

livlovelaugh (October 15, 2012 at 3:40 AM)  

love the simple easy look. I think your hair looks fantastic... but let me know if you learn more about how to achieve the 'right out of bed' sexy easy look!

-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

E. Kay (October 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM)  

love your hair, love love love! i don't think my hair grows in a way where it does the blake lively thing

LyddieGal (October 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM)  

I LOVE that you DIYed this! it looks amazing!
Chic on the Cheap

DrunkOnShoes (October 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM)  

if i didn't see your preggo posts, i would have never believed you pushed out two babes. lookin' fab! and great job on your DIY!

Nina –  (October 17, 2012 at 3:20 PM)  

really love the hair and make-up..so fresh!

Post a Comment