Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Phillip Lim Studded Dress


My obsession with this studded Phillip Lim dress began 3 years ago.  I saw the white one on Michelle Williams and it had to be mine.  I liked the classic, feminine shape combined with the studs to give it some edge.  I knew the white wouldn't be practical for me, especially to wear to weddings and was thrilled to find it came in navy as well.  I tried it on multiple times at multiple stores and fell more in love each time but in the end, I couldn't bring myself to spend $600 on one dress, no matter how beautiful. 

Fast forward 3 years and I never did forget that dress.  For the six months following that summer, I stalked online sites to see if it would go on sale.  Then, here and there, I would search for it on ebay, even as recently as a couple of months ago.  

Then, last week, a friend emailed asking about how I sell old clothes online.  
Here is how the conversation went:
Friend: I have a Phillip Lim dress from 2-3 years ago, worn once, originally cost $600+
Me: What does it look like?? There was one from a couple yrs ago that I was obsessed with!!
Friend: It's navy with studs covering the back.
Me: Ahhhhh!!!

What are the odds that this friend I just met recently was looking to sell the exact dress I was obsessing over, in exactly my size?  It was meant to be!


Now I just need an occasion to wear it.  Have you ever been obsessed with something that you never quite got over?

Sofia (October 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM)  

Amazing dress! You look fab!

http://insofiashoes.blogspot.pt

Melissa (October 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM)  

THAT is AMAZING! And the dress looks fantastic on you. I'm happy for you! I hope you end up with tons of reasons to wear it!

nikki (October 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM)  

all. the. time! congrats on the find!!

steph (October 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM)  

serendipity! haha. that's awesome and it looks fab on you!

nancy @ adore to adorn (October 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM)  

I adored that dress when I first saw it! Yay for you nabbing it!! Great dress!
xo,
nancy

nina –  (October 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM)  

lucky find! i just love that dress!!

nina –  (October 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM)  

lucky find! i just love that dress!!

Truly Smitten (October 2, 2012 at 8:29 PM)  

looooooove the dress in that color! it's so you! now we are going to have a fancy girls night so you can wear it out!

Ella Pretty Blog (October 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM)  

What a lovely dress - and so amazing how it came into your life - it was totally meant to be!

Unknown (October 2, 2012 at 10:08 PM)  

Beautiful outfit! I love the studded white one, perfect for wedding.

best human hair extensions

Anonymous –  (October 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM)  

it was fate jiye.
fate...

:)
The dress looks awesome on you

stylefare (October 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM)  

I LOVE this dress on you!! But I love the story more - ah, the THRILL of a victory! ;D

Camille (October 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM)  

So awesomely fortuitous!! I am completely obsessed with Reed Krakoff's Boxer Tote and am so close to actually buying one. I do not want to pay full price or even half price but I love it so...

Post a Comment