Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Aztec Skirt

 
Became obsessed with Aztec sequin skirts when I spotted this picture on pinterest (not to mention the Balenciaga clutch in the perfect peach tone!). I still haven't been able to id the skirt. Anybody know who makes it?
So some quick googling led to the All Saints version, which is even more stunning than the one from pinterest. But at $275, it was a little steep for such a fun, trendy item.

 
 Some further searching led me to this. Express (of all places!) has an adorable option for $59. I called the stores around me and all of them were sold out in the smaller sizes so I went online and they had it! I ordered both the xs and s and the xs ended up fitting perfectly. I read reviews that it runs a little big. Anywhoo, if you're in the market for a fun, flirty mini, check this one out for sure!! 

Btw...Express needs MAJOR help with their styling department. The styling in their ads are horrendous. They paired all their sequin skirts with a bunch of plaid shirts and western inspired jewelry. Not a fan!

Bianca (March 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM)  

Ummm.... love, love, love these!

Truly Smitten (March 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM)  

I like! I saw some really fun aztec maxi dresses at Target and thought it would be such a fun summer wear. The All Saints one is gorgeous!

Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos (March 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM)  

Such a fun, detailed mini. You can't go wrong with the $60 Express version! I'm with you though, I typically don't even look at their promo emails simply because the styling does need some help!

Secondhand Stella (March 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM)  

Love it! Great sleuthing! You found a great option.

Beautygirl24 (March 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM)  

My friend just bought the Express version for her engagement party this Saturday! She told me she loves it. I think it looks great with minimal jewelry, definitely not any of the western variety ;)

alison*elle (March 27, 2012 at 2:55 PM)  

Omigosh, the All Saints version is GORGEOUS. But the Express one is a great dupe too... love it!

xo, alison*elle

Definingtabitha (March 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM)  

I absolutely LOVE that skirt...oh to fit into normal size clothes again. :(

Delusions of Grandeur (March 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM)  

LOL - thanks for pointing me in the right direction! This skirt is amazing - I remember seeing something similar at F21 a couple months ago, but it definitely didn't have the sparkly sequins. So glad to have found your main page!

TaraMixandMatch (March 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM)  

When I saw the top of your post I was thinking it looked like a skirt I recently saw in Express :) And I agree about the styling...the plaid looked silly with it!
Mix and Match Fashion

Lisa - respect the shoes (March 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM)  

I was going to direct you to Zara - a few weeks ago they had a sim sequin but I think it was like $100 - you scored a deal with that Express version!

t –  (March 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM)  

Great find! I would have never known about this new trend. Wear it out to dinner Friday!

christiana (March 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM)  

love! i saw the all saints one before and it def costs too much! what a great find at express

Anonymous –  (March 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM)  

lOVE THOSE! GAP ALSO HAS SHORTS WITH THE AZTEC PRINT (NOT SEQUINS ) BUT STILL LOVING THEM

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=80032&vid=1&pid=136866&scid=136866012

Jessica Cole (March 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM)  

I love that! But as I'm having bambino no2 I can't really justify buying it :-( but I agree the styling is horrendous. I wouldn't feel inspired to buy from them. If a brand markets like that it gives me the impression that they don't really know the market and if clothes aren't worn correctly, it doesn't matter how gorgeous they are! Fickle? Me?!

Portable toilet hire (November 28, 2012 at 2:49 AM)  

Lovely skirt idea. It has a unique look. Instead of light colours, dark coloured skirts look more attractive.

Post a Comment