Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reward Style Event

Zara t-shirt  |  White + Warren skirt  |  Madewell sandals  |  Celine bag  
I like the look of the vintage, grungy t-shirt paired with a classic silk skirt and some glam necklaces. 

I was invited to attend the Reward Style event last Saturday and while it's hard to tear myself away from the fam on a weekend, I'm glad I did. The event was held at Union Sushi and it was great getting a chance to mingle with some other Chicago based bloggers.

The first half of the event was learning how to make sushi. We learned how to make inside out rolls, regular rolls and hand rolls. I have to say I was pretty impressed with myself and cannot wait to bust out my skeelz for my friends and fam very soon! We made all kinds of rolls and then got to eat them after. nom nom nom.

The second half of the event was learning how to mix specialty cocktails and then, of course enjoy them afterwards. Shake it ladies!

What could be inside here?

Thanks Reward Style for the Tory Burch bracelet and iPhone case, but more importantly, for such a fun afternoon!

So I have a confession to make about my outfit....the t-shirt is not really vintage. I know I could probably get an old shirt for like 99 cents and it would have a lot more character but the one and only time I went to a thrift store, I was a little overwhelmed to be honest. I don't know where those clothes have been and it freaked me out a little. I know I know...what kind of fashion blogger doesn't go thrifting? I really want to give it another try but it's also not the best place to bring kids to so haven't had the chance. Do any of you go thrifting regularly? Any tips for a noob like me?

Oh and if any bloggers out there that aren't part of Reward Style yet, leave me a comment or a note and I'll send you a referral!

JenlovesBal (July 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM)  

So cool! I love the TB goodies!!

Unknown (July 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM)  

I thrift always. Haha. My advice is to not think about looking through everything. Just scope it out and if anything catches your eye, go for it! I never spend longer than 15 min in a thrift store bc I get overwhelmed and grossed out by some of the stuff there. :-p Hope that helps. Ps. I do Thrifty Threads outfit posts now...maybe they can serve as inspiration for you:)

Jeannie (July 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM)  

Cute outfit, I love the necklaces. I'd love a referral to Reward Style, thanks!
http://covertboutique.blogspot.com

Always Maylee (July 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM)  

Love the tee with the girly skirt, so cute! The TB goodies are pretty awesome.

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Beautygirl24 (July 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM)  

What a fun event! You looked great too!

pretty little things (July 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM)  

just discovered your blog and I love it!
I'm your newest follower! hope you can check me out as well!

allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

Margaret Trina Mira (July 17, 2012 at 7:26 PM)  

I love your look! :) So comfy chic. I was looking at your pics, and I was like, is that Jen?! LOL. Then I realized that it's from the Chicago reward style thing she was talking about. :) Looks like you guys had fun!

http://astyleinprogress.com

Elise (July 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM)  

How fun! Sushi and cocktails, what could be better??

lucia m (July 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM)  

loving all this!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Truly Smitten (July 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM)  

That looks so much fun!! Love your outfit too!

Post a Comment