Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Cinderella Evening

5/48 by Saks dress, sterling silver evening bag my mom got me in Thailand (similar one here), Francesca's crystal hoop earrings, double strand pearl bracelet that my mother-in-law made for my wedding, Stuart Weitzman sandals
 I love the look of a strapless dress with no necklace and big earrings. I did the same thing for my wedding day. So I went in search of really dramatic drop earrings but everything I liked was too pricey and everything affordable looked too cheap so I stuck with these big crystal hoop earrings I already had.
I was excited to finally have an occasion to bust out this ornate handcrafted sterling silver evening bag (similar one here). My mom got it for me years ago when she traveled to Thailand and I've been waiting to use it. My only complaint would be how tiny it is! It contained my phone, id and lipgloss and that's about all it could hold!
It was such a fun evening and so lovely to finally meet all the coworkers (and their wives!) that hubbie's been talking about for months! Thanks to you guys for helping me choose the right length (90% of the wives were in floor length gowns), the right dress, and the right hair style! Where would I be without you??

Unknown (January 31, 2011 at 5:25 AM)  

Oh, you look GORGEOUS! Stunning. Glad you had a lovely night with hubby and his coworkers and wives. Your outfit was perfect for the occasion. xx

stephanie (January 31, 2011 at 8:55 AM)  

Beautiful! Glad y'all had fun!

Melissa (January 31, 2011 at 9:24 AM)  

Simply, completely, utterly STUNNING. You truly look breathtaking in this! I'm so glad you had such a good time!

Anonymous –  (January 31, 2011 at 9:33 AM)  

you look STUNNING!!! everything you picked was perfect!!!
Sharon

Monroe Steele (January 31, 2011 at 9:51 AM)  

Gorgeous gown..you look stunning and that little bag is so adorable!

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Elle (January 31, 2011 at 10:28 AM)  

You look incredible in that dress! I love your clutch, it's the perfect size!

Anonymous –  (January 31, 2011 at 10:45 AM)  

STUNNING!! hope you had a wonderful time and a great weekend! you and your hubby are so cute together :)

xo,
joAnn

Gina –  (January 31, 2011 at 11:00 AM)  

You look amazing!

Squeeze the Pug (January 31, 2011 at 11:15 AM)  

You look absolutely gorgeous in that divine dress.

Squeeze The Pug
www.pehsun.blogspot.com

christine, just bella (January 31, 2011 at 11:48 AM)  

You look stunning!! I wish I had somewhere formal to dress up like that, so fun :)

Ella Pretty Blog (January 31, 2011 at 12:11 PM)  

Absolutely gorgeous - you look ready for the society pages in Vogue :-)

Victoria (January 31, 2011 at 12:22 PM)  

Love your dress. Simple yet elegant.

Amy (January 31, 2011 at 12:38 PM)  

You look gorgeous! I love the color of the gown - what a great find at Saks! And kudos to the clutch your mom found - Thailand has some amazing finds. If only it weren't a 17+ hour plane ride ...

style fare (January 31, 2011 at 1:20 PM)  

GORGEOSO! love that little evening bag too! hope you guys had a blast! :)

Mia Bossi (January 31, 2011 at 1:23 PM)  

beautiful!!! love the dress and evening bag. wheres the pic of shoes? is the dress grey or purple? hope you guys had fun!!!!

Tales of a young mamma (January 31, 2011 at 2:06 PM)  

Gorgeous! Love love love the dress.

cuteredbow (January 31, 2011 at 3:11 PM)  

Such a great and classy dress ! nice blog !

http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

Emma (Glitter and Gold) (January 31, 2011 at 3:16 PM)  

Wonderful choice - you look radiant! Just found your blog from JoAnn (she is such funny!) and I have to say I love it! I just ordered my daughter those black Target boots that your daughter has . . . she is so precious!

www.glitterandgoldblog.blogspot.com

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (January 31, 2011 at 6:29 PM)  

You look absolutely stunning! And what a fun bag!

Unknown (January 31, 2011 at 7:42 PM)  

what a beauuuutiful dress and you look so elegant and GORGEOUS! <3

-Diya

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne (January 31, 2011 at 8:22 PM)  

You look beautiful, so nicely put together! love how you worked the clutch from Thailand too, oversea treasures are the best!!

xo, Jeanne

Nicole Johnson (January 31, 2011 at 9:22 PM)  

I ADORE your dress! I'm just stopping by your blog to say hi! I found you on Top Mommy Blogs. Check out my personal Stella & Dot website at http://www.stelladot.com/nicolejohnson when shopping for yourself and your little Valentines! We have great jewelry for women, teens, and little girls! So cute!

Olyvia (January 31, 2011 at 10:55 PM)  

love your dress! you wear the long length beautifully! I've yet to try on a floor length dress, now i'm inspired! and also need to find a black-tie event to go to, haha

Kristen (February 1, 2011 at 1:34 AM)  

You look like a movie star! That dress fits you beautifully and you accessorized it perfectly. So gorgeous.

April (February 1, 2011 at 7:35 AM)  

such a pretty gown on you! I wish I had places to wear gowns to!

ape-z.blogspot.com

Carol (February 1, 2011 at 12:13 PM)  

You look wonderful! It is always nice to get totally dressed up every now and then, glad you had a good time.

Carol x
www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

Mary Ann (February 1, 2011 at 10:25 PM)  

You look stunning - and I love that little silver purse!!

potpie du monde (February 1, 2011 at 11:34 PM)  

You look so beautiful! The dress fits you perfectly and that clutch- what a great staple piece for your closet! Just wanted to say that I am such a huge fan of your blog and am always inspired by each thoughtful post.

N –  (February 3, 2011 at 1:44 AM)  

You look so elegant! Love the dress on you, did you end up exchanging the lavender for another color?

Yasmeen (February 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM)  

That dress is gorgeous!!!!!
I wanted a very similar one from TopShop but it was limited edition and its gone now :(

You lovely though! :)

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

pauline –  (February 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM)  

def. the right dress!

derek (February 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM)  

you look beautiful!!! i love the simple elegance of the dress!

Sherry Lou Studio (February 5, 2011 at 12:31 AM)  

those heart shaped turkey sandwiches are SO cute!!

christiana (February 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM)  

definitely a cinderella evening! you looked amazing! wish i could wear dresses like that too!

Post a Comment