Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Girls Getaway to New Buffalo, MI

A little while ago, two of my best girlfriends and I took an overnight getaway to New Buffalo, MI.  We met when we were all young, single and carefree.  Now, we're all attached, two have kids and one moved away to SF. This trip was just about the three of us, catching up and being together, without boyfriends or husbands or babies. 

Saying bye to A, who wanted to try on my hat

Cute little lunch spot called Blue Plate!

Next, wine, beer, and spirits tasting at Round Barn Winery

Cheers!

Our suite at the Marina Grand. 

Bike rentals were free at the hotel!

We all hadn't been on bikes in over 10 years but we went for it anyway and had a blast!
(on me: Forever21 romper, Balenciaga part time bag in Officier, Sue London ballet flats)

Can you believe she just had a baby 3 months ago?? Also, check out her Rebecca Minkoff Stud Rocker! Love!!

We tried to get massages but they were closed. :(

So, we just went back to our room and cracked open a Cab instead. :)

More vino on the terrace overlooking the marina. So beautiful!

Enjoying good food and more wine at Bentwood Tavern at our hotel

Quick pic before heading back up to the room for...

You guessed it! More wine & chitchat!

Bye New Buffalo!

Would you rather do a trip with your significant other or your besties?

Tales of a young mamma (October 6, 2010 at 8:45 AM)  

Tough one! Both are fun! This makes me want to blog about my weekend getaways in Stockholm w my friends- even though it was over a year ago!!

Jennifer (October 6, 2010 at 8:58 AM)  

Seems like you had a great time. Well, how could it not be nice when there is wine involved??

The Undomestic Mom (October 6, 2010 at 9:09 AM)  

That looks so fun! Ive got to plan a trip like that with my girlfriends!

Lili (October 6, 2010 at 9:41 AM)  

i think its good to get out awhile with the GFs as it's good for the soul...you come back to your honey all refreshed and rejuvenated!

great that you get to hang out with your friends!

Meg (October 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM)  

Love this post! Re-connecting with girlfriends is SO important :) And you girls look like you had a blast!

Cara Kuhl (October 6, 2010 at 11:57 AM)  

Thanks for your recent visit to City Girl Chicago and your sweet comment ~ It's nice to find another Chicago gal! Hope you stop by again, I'll do the same :)

ps~ I'm with you on Chicago Gourmet; it has so much potential but a lot of kinks to iron out first :)

girl paraphernalia (October 6, 2010 at 7:07 PM)  

Nothing is more fun then a girls outing, right? You ladies look like you had a blast, after marriage and kids, there's still room for girls time out..

Love the post!

C (October 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM)  

Looks like you had an amazing time! I don't know if I can choose between vacay with BF or GFs. They each have their pluses and minuses ;)

Sara Louise (October 6, 2010 at 11:57 PM)  

Oh I love my husband, but right now I'm missing my besties so much that I would love a girly getaway somewhere. Anywhere would do. As long as I had them and some wine, it would be a great time!

coolkids (October 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM)  

Love Love trips with the girls! I had all 8 girlfriends to my families lake place this summer. It was a blast and much needed! Now, we plan to do it every year. but I also love to go on trips with my husband they are both two different kinds of vacays. You know?

christiana (October 8, 2010 at 6:58 PM)  

your friends look great! haha.. of course i'd rather do a trip with my besties!

Anonymous –  (October 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM)  

This looks so relaxing and fun... it makes me want to plan a trip with my girlfriends immediately!!!

Post a Comment